Oxygen Jetpack / Кислородный летающий ранец

Drovosek

Feb 24, 2014
Oxygen Jetpack / Кислородный летающий ранец
Russian langusge/ на Русском:
Моя идея: идея заключается в том, чтобы создать летающий ранец, который поднимает игрока за счёт выталкивания кислорода из кислородных баллонов. За основу может быть можно взять реактивный ранец из мода Индастриал крафт, а тут просто изменить его рецепт и характеристики/траектории полёта. Я думаю идея довольно интересна =). Так же будет красиво если при полёте из ранца шёл белый дым. Вот пример летающего ранца:

373079037.jpg

English language:
Hello everyone, I do not know much English, so the text can be written incorrectly = _ =
My idea: the idea is to create a flying satchel that raises the player by pushing oxygen from oxygen tanks. For a basis it may be possible to take the jet pack of fashion Industrial craft, and then just change the recipe and data / flight path. I think the idea is quite interesting =). Just be nice if when flying out of the knapsack was white smoke. Here is an example of a flying backpack:

373079037.jpg

Reactions: IsoMS and AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
That's what i was thinking all along!

I'd really appreciate if Micdoodle8 puts it in the game...

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
The idea of using oxygen as a potential EVA propulsion has actually been discussed before in this thread. Although, using pressurized oxygen as propulsion is normally something I've only seen as an improvised action when the astronaut is out of options. A jetpack could instead be compatible with multiple types of gases/fuels, possibly with varying efficiency.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Flying using oxygen? seems legit.
Humans do it all the time:
  • With wings form a plane.
  • With the blades form a chopper.
  • With a modified formula 1 racer. (They took the front part off which keeps it form flying) ((more bunny hopping))
  • A lot of other things!
*Insert a peter griffin laugh here*

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Just to clear up some potential confusion here: oxygen is an oxidizer. Ever remember when the firemen taught us about the fire triangle in school? For a fire to occur, you need heat, fuel and oxygen.

Now, there's many types of oxidizing agents and respectively fuels, but to make it simple: neither oxygen (an oxidizer) nor hydrogen (a fuel) can work alone, but together they have combustive potential. Since Earth's atmosphere already got an abundance of oxygen, most engines here only need fuel to operate.

Incidentally the reverse may occur on other worlds. On Saturn's moon Titan there's plenty of hydrocarbons (a fuel) and therefore a theoretical engine there would not be tanked on fuel, but instead it would have a tank of oxidant to work.

Drovosek

Feb 24, 2014
And here the oxidative properties of oxygen??? The idea is based on the buoyancy of gas cylinders
Just to clear up some potential confusion here: oxygen is an oxidizer. Ever remember when the firemen taught us about the fire triangle in school? For a fire to occur, you need heat, fuel and oxygen.

Now, there's many types of oxidizing agents and respectively fuels, but to make it simple: neither oxygen (an oxidizer) nor hydrogen (a fuel) can work alone, but together they have combustive potential. Since Earth's atmosphere already got an abundance of oxygen, most engines here only need fuel to operate.

Incidentally the reverse may occur on other worlds. On Saturn's moon Titan there's plenty of hydrocarbons (a fuel) and therefore a theoretical engine there would not be tanked on fuel, but instead it would have a tank of oxidant to work.

And here the oxidative properties of oxygen??? The idea is based on the buoyancy of gas cylinders