• The sealers were working before 2.0.5, and now they aren't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Hey everyone,

I've made this thread with the goal of finding out how Oxygen Sealers are working in the latest build.

I've rewritten almost all of the sealer code between 2.0.5 and 2.0.6, and increased the amount of blocks you can seal with it, also eliminated some crashes by running sealer checks in separate threads.

In the latest version (2.0.6), one sealer can seal a 1250 block area. This sounds like a lot but you'd be surprised how fast that is used up. Multiple sealers should stack that amount properly, e.g. 2 sealers within range of each other will combine to seal a 2500 block area properly. The sealers check every 300 ticks (5 seconds if there's no lag) for a properly sealed area, so don't give up if you see unsealed right when opening the GUI.

I'm looking for some feedback using the latest build only. If you are unable to seal an area, please post a screenshot of your room. If you can seal your room, you can feel free to also post a screenshot, just make sure you mention whether you got your room to seal or not. Thanks

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Example, this is a test room I sealed...

Cr503hf.jpg

IT1cOZy.png

2ZTjmLk.png

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
The sealers are running very good, I didn't found any bug yet but it's awesome how you made a bigger size of the room that can an oxygen sealer hold! That would really help map makers and space station creators :D
I'm currently using the latest build and everything is running smooth, tho I see alot of improvements on the GUI's
----
Pretty sure that oxygen sealers were alot of buggier in 2.0.5 and weren't running as smooth as now.
---

Clodiman

Oct 31, 2013
I will have a to take a screen shot, but I cannot get a large room to seal and I have about 10 sealers in it. It is no longer causing my game to crash upon load though (Thank you very much for that fix :D ) I got a small room to seal but this larger room has problems.

Reactions: hellomynameis

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
xD Some of the more active suggestions forum-mers have posted. I'll edit this post once I reinstall minecraft, but so far it sounds outstanding!

EDIT: My minecraft is broken, which is off-topic but, I say that they worked in the last version, still don't know about this one. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: hellomynameis

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Oh, and the textures look different when I see your screenshot. Is it just me or did they change?

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
In some past version it has worked alright, while other it hasn't. But right now as of build #895 it is absolutely terrific. It's just the torches that appear to not be working this time. It also seems I can't assign custom block IDs anymore. But I'm also running on a fresh OS, so perhaps I could have just missed something. If someone else is properly running custom block IDs, it would be cool if you let me know.

Despite the sealer is working alright along with kind of fixing an old exploit invoking the usage of an airlock (doesn't matter if it's a piston airlock or Galacticraft's featured one), there seems to be another similar one.

FJzZ7XX.jpg

Here's two pressurized rooms (indicated by the illuminating redstone) divided by an airlock (and like said, it doesn't matter what kind of airlock it is). A typical flaw is that if the sealer is on one side, it will continue oxygenate the other even if the room has been sealed off. Although, both rooms will depressurize upon turning the sealer off.

However, what happens if you destroy the sealer instead...

U0caFwP.jpg

The other room will now stay pressurized, despite there is no source of oxygen what-so-ever anywhere. But it doesn't end there...

ISeGdK5.jpg

If you in turn open the airlock, the other room will actually pressurize the room you are in. This exploit effectively creates an base with infinite oxygen.

But still, the code is working really well. It's much more reliable than it was before. :)

F.D

Oct 31, 2013
With the latest build it looks like the block update bug has returned.
The room is sealed i use a detector with a lamp on top to see if there is oxygen.
The light turns on to indicate that there is oxygen. This causes an block update, i get damaged and the light turns off. A few seconds later the light turns on again, etc

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Admittedly, I would probably never have stumbled across it on a Japanese site. o_O

Often when I try to find some specific mod version, it ends up with just being some fake or old version with an auto-generated title hosted on some suspicious site.

But whatever, I'm going to refrain from going off-topic now.
It's because ReiFNSK, the author of the mod is Japanese!
But IDK y he wont post it on the English forum. Either way, it works fine :D

Reactions: somepplsay

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
The sealers themselves seem to work great although I never really had issues before. Does anybody know if there have been changes made to oxygen sources? It seems like it takes a LOT more plant life to supply oxygen. I suppose I could be setting up the system incorrectly, but I did it the same way as with older versions and they provided plenty of O2. Does the sealer just use way more oxygen? It was one sealer in a 5x6x4 room supplied by 2 collectors (collecting from 5x5 wheat crop). Again, this used to provide plenty of O2 for such a small room.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
The sealers themselves seem to work great although I never really had issues before. Does anybody know if there have been changes made to oxygen sources? It seems like it takes a LOT more plant life to supply oxygen. I suppose I could be setting up the system incorrectly, but I did it the same way as with older versions and they provided plenty of O2. Does the sealer just use way more oxygen? It was one sealer in a 5x6x4 room supplied by 2 collectors (collecting from 5x5 wheat crop). Again, this used to provide plenty of O2 for such a small room.
agreed

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012

Crops don't provide as much oxygen as they used to, I'll have to test it out and confirm that it's unbalanced... if so you'll see it bumped up again in the next update.