Votes: 5 41.7%
  • The sealers were working before 2.0.5, and now they aren't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The latest 1.6.4 build, number 1037, includes what are hopefully the final changes on Oxygen Sealers. Sealers should be working perfectly now and with no lag. There are two new config settings, I recommend use the default settings for those. If you have torches in your space base, they will light up and go out as the "sealed" status changes - this can be a nice way to know whether your sealers are working well or not.

Please can players give feedback on whether there are any issues at all with the Oxygen Sealers and sealed bases in build 1037.

I would especially like to hear if there are still any issues with airlocks (posts #69, #70 and #71 in this thread) or on Mars (post #74) - and please do report to us if you a message in the logs saying "*** Please report to mod author: BlockPassAirCheck block ID # was null ***".

timen

Jun 2, 2014
i cant seal this space station. it maybe a bit too large but its walled with 2 layers of glass and then te structure it self is also completly closed. i will post some screen shots

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
i cant seal this space station. it maybe a bit too large but its walled with 2 layers of glass and then te structure it self is also completly closed. i will post some screen shots
Try to put some extra sealers at the edges of the dome so it can reach every block inside the dome, should fix it.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Try to put some extra sealers at the edges of the dome so it can reach every block inside the dome, should fix it.
The latest version should have fixed the problem with Sealers, but sometimes sealers don't fair well with 1 block thin slots.

Last edited:
Reactions: AcapitalA

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@timen: Looks to me like the problem is the Tinker's Construct Glass. Because it is transparent, and not the same as vanilla glass, Galacticraft doesn't know it is actually a sealable block unless you register it under "External Sealable IDs" in the Galacticraft core.conf config.

See also this issue: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/428
As explained there, either use the absolute latest GC 1.6 builds (1069 or 1070 at the time of writing) and just put the Tinker's Construct clear glass ID, or you will have to list the metadata for each of the different colours of glass which you want to make a seal.

@MoltonMontro - sealers fair perfectly with 1 block thin slots! They also work with any other shape you can think of.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I just wanted to say a million thanks to @radfast !! I was honestly getting slightly burned out on Minecraft at the time anyway, but then I was having constant issues trying to get my oxygen sealing systems working which triggered me to take an "extended break." I hadn't tried the new updates between 2.0.8 (I think) and now. Now that I finally updated to 2.0.13 I'm happy to say that everything is working better than ever without even having to change a single thing about my system! It worked pretty well with the older versions, but only on a smaller network of 2-3 smallish rooms or isolated systems. Now I have an entire complex with somewhat large rooms running on a system networked into one central oxygen collection room. It works so fast too!! Thank you so much and to @micdoodle8 too as always for constantly trying to improve the mod and keep it running smoothly!

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Put 2 sealers near each other.

In a large base, I made 80 sealers - it sealed around 100,000 blocks.

8bitdee

Aug 15, 2014
I just wanted to ask how the Sealer works exactly and how much is needed to keep it working constantly? As I explore the moon and run out of Oxygen, I like to quickly come back to my base and fill up my tanks. In the meantime I have the Sealer working so I can breathe but it doesn't last very long. The oxygen input starts to run out after about 30 seconds and I have constantly click on "Disable Seal" in order to let it fill up again.

Note that I have 2 Oxygen Collectors connected to it with plenty of leaves because I thought one Collector wasn't collecting enough but it seems to run out the same even with two. Also, the Collector connected to the Oxygen Compressor to fill my tanks is also nearby the big cluster of leaves so all three Collectors are absorbing oxygen from one location.

Should I separate them? Is the Collector connected to the Compressor sucking out oxygen for the Sealer to use?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The Oxygen Collectors should tell you how much oxygen they are making, if you open their GUIs.

Probably you don't have enough leaves yet - you can really surround those collectors with leaves, place a collector in the centre of a 11x11x11 cube of leaves if you want to make huge quantities of oxygen.

It's OK to have collectors close together, adjacent even - they won't "steal" each other's oxygen, both will have enough if there are plenty of leaves all around.

8bitdee

Aug 15, 2014
The Oxygen Collectors should tell you how much oxygen they are making, if you open their GUIs.

Probably you don't have enough leaves yet - you can really surround those collectors with leaves, place a collector in the centre of a 11x11x11 cube of leaves if you want to make huge quantities of oxygen.

It's OK to have collectors close together, adjacent even - they won't "steal" each other's oxygen, both will have enough if there are plenty of leaves all around.

Thanks I will try putting more leaves on.