Oxygen Sealers not working?

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
Okay, so my oxygen sealers aren't working. I have an oxygen farm just outside my base, and yet it still isn't working. My base is 15x15 blocks, and is 8 blocks high.

Link the the pictures of my base (And oxygen farm): http://imgur.com/a/nR0Af#0

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
Alright, so it was working for a while, and then when my cousin joined using Evolve and LAN world (it's basically multiplayer, but you don't have to port forward), everything went wrong again. I added two more, and it was working. Then, I made rooms, and it was working. Then, like I said, he joined, and about 30 minutes later it stopped working.
Pictures of my (updated) Base: http://imgur.com/a/SRi7s#0

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Alright, so it was working for a while, and then when my cousin joined using Evolve and LAN world (it's basically multiplayer, but you don't have to port forward), everything went wrong again. I added two more, and it was working. Then, I made rooms, and it was working. Then, like I said, he joined, and about 30 minutes later it stopped working.
Pictures of my (updated) Base: http://imgur.com/a/SRi7s#0

The thing about oxygen sealers: they were designed to be able to seal a room as big as 1250 cubic meters (blocks) PER sealer, but have been tested to be somewhat unreliable at that volume. They seem to be more consistent around 800 cubic meters. That's how I figured you would need 3 sealers for the first room you had (1,800/800=2.25 sealers (minimum of 3 sealers)). Do you mean you added rooms to the outside of the existing room, or put walls inside the room? If you just walled off rooms inside the existing building that you had sealed it should still work, but if you added more rooms outside then that adds volume to your base and will require more sealers to handle the extra space. The more sealers you use though will require more oxygen so if you notice they aren't receiving enough oxygen you made need to add more oxygen collectors and possibly even more leaves to supply them. Make sense? Hope I explained that ok.

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
The thing about oxygen sealers: they were designed to be able to seal a room as big as 1250 cubic meters (blocks) PER sealer, but have been tested to be somewhat unreliable at that volume. They seem to be more consistent around 800 cubic meters. That's how I figured you would need 3 sealers for the first room you had (1,800/800=2.25 sealers (minimum of 3 sealers)). Do you mean you added rooms to the outside of the existing room, or put walls inside the room? If you just walled off rooms inside the existing building that you had sealed it should still work, but if you added more rooms outside then that adds volume to your base and will require more sealers to handle the extra space. The more sealers you use though will require more oxygen so if you notice they aren't receiving enough oxygen you made need to add more oxygen collectors and possibly even more leaves to supply them. Make sense? Hope I explained that ok.

I just put rooms inside the building from the beginning. I don't think you saw it, but I basically turned those two trees into a giant leaf loaf :p Also, it was working perfectly. They are getting oxygen, just saying "Unsealed".

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
Alright, I restarted the world and the worked for about a minute, then they stopped working, and started working again, and it has been doing this for about 5 minuts now. Like it can't decide what to do.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I just put rooms inside the building from the beginning. I don't think you saw it, but I basically turned those two trees into a giant leaf loaf :p Also, it was working perfectly. They are getting oxygen, just saying "Unsealed".

I THOUGHT that's what you did, but couldn't quite tell on my phone. So yeah there shouldn't be a problem.

So just to be clear, how many sealers do you have? It looks to me like you have two, but i may not be putting those pictures together correctly.

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
I THOUGHT that's what you did, but couldn't quite tell on my phone. So yeah there shouldn't be a problem.

So just to be clear, how many sealers do you have? It looks to me like you have two, but i may not be putting those pictures together correctly.

I have three.

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
Hmm, that seems odd to me then. What version of Galacticraft are you using and is this creative or survival?

1.6.4-2.0.14.1084 Is the version of Galacticraft I'm using. Also, it fluctuates between creative and survival. I built the moon base in creative, as an example.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Ok cool. I was just wondering to see how easy it would be for you too change things around for testing purposes. Could you pop down another sealer just to see if that fixes it? It sounds like you shouldn't need it, but I'm just curious. Possibly try putting sealers inside the rooms. Also, could you seal off rooms to see if it changes anything?

Again, these are all things that you SHOULDN'T have to do, but I would be doing to at least try to find where or what the issue is.

batman88891

Feb 23, 2013
Ok cool. I was just wondering to see how easy it would be for you too change things around for testing purposes. Could you pop down another sealer just to see if that fixes it? It sounds like you shouldn't need it, but I'm just curious. Possibly try putting sealers inside the rooms. Also, could you seal off rooms to see if it changes anything?

Again, these are all things that you SHOULDN'T have to do, but I would be doing to at least try to find where or what the issue is.

I have one sealer in every room except the sleeping quarters. Also, the blocking everything off kind of worked. It worked for the main room anyway (the one with glowstone popping out of the walls.