Parallel buttons and levers for air-lock doors

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Current state

This is what happens: you build an air-lock door and power it with redstone signal to close it. You place switches on both sides if you want it to work on both ways but the "both ways" aren't available at once. If you exit, it's locked outside; if you enter, it's locked inside. That's because either switch is always on "on-state". This keeps getting trapped inside or outside if I don't use the same doors at the same way. Until now my pickaxe has been the my best door opener at hand.

The idea

I would like to propose that parallel switches for air-lock doors. You place switches on both opposite sides of a air-lock door block to make the door fully functional. If you place only one switch, it'll work like a normal switch.

P6bdeJg.png

Both switches are always in sync.

If either switch is used, it checks the opposite size of the block and changes the state of the other switch so that both switches are always on on-state or off-state.

v5USkKR.png

Reactions: Dex Luther

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I mean, a special lever or button that, if placed on both opposite sides of a block, both levers/buttons are always in the same state. If I push down a lever, the lever on the other side will go down too. If I push it up, the other goes up too.

Jeremyrwb

Aug 26, 2013
So yes, an airlock switch block lol

It would also be more helpful (in my opinion) if the default for airlocks was closed instead of open. I haven't been able to find anything saying why it's currently set to open unless a signal is applied, seems backwards to me.

Last edited: