Phobos: Moon of Mars

What do you like about this suggestion? Select as many answers as wanted.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
[DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage to thoughts and for any nightmares caused from this suggestion.]

EDITS ARE BLUE!

Title - Phobos
Nickname - Fear
Residence - Mars Gravitational Pull
Gravity - 0.0057 m/s²
Periapsis - 9,234 km
Apoapsos - 9,518 km
Sidereal Rotation Period - 0.3189 Earth Days; 7.65 Hours
Biomes - Phobos Crater; Phobos Dust Plains; Phobos Hills; Phobos Extreme Hills; Phobos Giant Crater; Phobos Turf Plains; Phobos Stone Plains
Resources - Phobos Dust; Phobos Turf; Phobos Stone
Atmosphere - None
Structures - Ancient Ruins
Mobs - Fear; Evolved Enderman

Phobos Reference.jpg

Phobos, a moon of fear, and Mars.

There is no real reason to go to Phobos besides for the new blocks, and to recreate an ancient structure.

Phobos Crater, Phobos Hills, Phobos Extreme Hills, and Phobos Giant Crater are biomes within a biome, such as Vanilla Hills and Extreme Hills.

Phobos is made up of Phobos Dust, Phobos Turf, and Phobos Stone.

The Evolved Enderman has four arms, and causes blindness, and nausea on the player. It has evolved enough to not need to breathe Oxygen. The Fear causes blindness, nausea, and slowness on the player when a Fear gets near. It's a rare spawning mob. It has the special ability to duplicate and distort player's visions with a new de-buff, Distorted. This makes the player see several copies of mobs and blocks that move back and forth between the real copy and are slightly more transparent. With the Fear's special ability to have duplicates of itself, along with distortion that makes more copies appear, nausea to shake the screen more, and pitch darkness around you, it can create quite a challenge when they do spawn.
Fear.png

Ancient Structures spawn rarely in mid-condition, and never in good condition. More commonly, you can find destroyed and toppled pieces from the structure. A rebuilt structure is shown above. Special ores can be found deep underground that can be smelted, then crafted like stone bricks to rebuild also. The activate a rebuilt structure, you need an ancient orb that can be randomly found at Mars dungeons. Activation summons an Ancient from it's sleep, that rises from the center of the construct after all four "gates" light up with "portal" blocks.
2014-05-14_20.42.28.png

All blocks are shown below.

Ancient Chaldenite Acient Chaldenite.png
Ancient Chaldenite Stone Ancient Chaldenite Stone.png
Ancient Chaldenite Bricks Ancient Chaldenite Brick.png
Ancient Orb Ancient Orb.png
Phobos Turf Phobos Turf.png
Phobos Dust Phobos Dust.png
Phobos Stone Phobos Stone.png

Then the soundtrack for it. The soundtrack plays randomly, from the disc, and when Fears or The Ancient is near. The music disc is a drop after killing a Fear or The Ancient.

Last edited:

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
Like Deimos, should be finite.

And Phobos should be somehow conected with Deimos, maybe some rebuilding materials for ancient ruins could exist only on deioms?

That ancient guy will be boss or something else?

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013

And Phobos should be somehow conected with Deimos, maybe some rebuilding materials for ancient ruins could exist only on deioms?

Not even the Overworld is infinite, it's finite also. You know that, right?

Hmm.

Yes, it would be a boss, possibly.

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
Wow great keep going ( Moons poster ) :p
There's problem with photos
But topic is great , fear
-----------------------------
I voted all
( those posts was two I make it together

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
This is a must for the mod, it's well thought out, and I like how it would add that scary ,unknown feeling into a mod about exploring space. Brilliant idea dude, :)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Yeah it is
Phobos ( Fear )
Deimos (Horror
Deimos means terror, you can look it up. Deimos also means flight. Horror is commonly suggested as the meaning between both of them.
  1. Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Deimos. Means "terror" in Greek. This was one of the sons of the Greek god Ares. Also, a moon of Mars bears this name.
Phobos means Fear or Panic.
  1. Phobos means fear or panic (think "phobia"), and Deimos means flight (as in running away after an overwhelming defeat). Fitting names for the sons of a war god. Mars' moons are among the smallest in the solar system.

Reactions: Tesik

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013

I did accidentally make another block. Ancient Cryone.png I called it ancient_cryone.

radyjko

May 7, 2014
Glassteria
So Phobos and Deimos are sons of greek god Ares. But Mars is roman equivalent of greek Ares. Nice trivia, didn't?

EnderSpace, your post gave me good idea about archivments. I'll post my idea later, maybe tomorrow. ;)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
So Phobos and Deimos are sons of greek god Ares. But Mars is roman equivalent of greek Ares. Nice trivia, didn't?

EnderSpace, your post gave me good idea about archivments. I'll post my idea later, maybe tomorrow. ;)
That is correct.

Are these achievements related to Phobos and Deimos? I've thought of GC3 having achievements. Love to see these thoughts.

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Also molten, what if the structure you find, once reassembled, causes a creature on mars to hunt you down?
Such as the Fear? And the Fear becomes the special creature? Then I wouldn't rebuild it if I knew it did that, unless I wanted some special loot.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
No, maybe something that only spawns once if you rebuild the structure, and it would drop a rocket blueprint you can't get anywhere else
Maybe this?

• Rebuild ancient relic by putting a block only found in a chest right there.
  • Boss spawns.
  • Kill boss.
  • Drops key.
  • Tier 3 rocked acquired.
Like this idea?

Reactions: obsidianpower790

Ops. The Xeno

May 3, 2014
Maybe this?

• Rebuild ancient relic by putting a block only found in a chest right there.
  • Boss spawns.
  • Kill boss.
  • Drops key.
  • Tier 3 rocked acquired.
Like this idea?
Not necessarily my friend, more like this;
-rebuild the structure
-activate it somehow
-return to mars
-kill the creature hunting you
-it drops a rare rocket design, not a tier 3 rocket, but I like your idea of this being the way to get a tier 3 rocket, so props on the idea;)

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Not necessarily my friend, more like this;
-rebuild the structure
-activate it somehow
-return to mars
-kill the creature hunting you
-it drops a rare rocket design, not a tier 3 rocket, but I like your idea of this being the way to get a tier 3 rocket, so props on the idea;)

Activation -
The activate a rebuilt structure, you need an ancient orb that can be randomly found at Mars dungeons. Activation summons an Ancient from it's sleep, that rises from the center of the construct after all four "gates" light up with "portal" blocks.