Planet biomes (saying plains when there are plains) & finite energy (redstone, torches, lava etc)

Finite energy?

• Total voters
1. Biomes on other planets & moons.

This could either be:

a. 'Martian', or 'Mars' for all of Mars, etc. Or,

b. River, Plains etc when the terrain gen is actually like that.
E.g. those dried-up, deep river beds on Mars - 'River'.

2. Finite energy.
As we all kmow, energy is not infinite. Thus I say, let torches burn out, furnaces & generators require ignition, glostone evaporate, and redstone require an electric current to turn on and lava cooling into obsidian.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
1. Biomes on other planets & moons.

This could either be:

a. 'Martian', or 'Mars' for all of Mars, etc. Or,

b. River, Plains etc when the terrain gen is actually like that.
E.g. those dried-up, deep river beds on Mars - 'River'.

2. Finite energy.
As we all kmow, energy is not infinite. Thus I say, let torches burn out, furnaces & generators require ignition, glostone evaporate, and redstone require an electric current to turn on and lava cooling into obsidian.
I like the idea of biomes! A dried riverbed might be nice, however doesn't Mars sort of already have them in the one biome that it generates? Also, for all the other stuff you suggested, it all has to do with vanilla and not GC. However that is a great idea for a mod that adds more challenge to Minecraft! :D Keep posting these ideas, I like them :p

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
2. Finite energy.

Do torches burn out in Vanilla Minecraft or any other mod? Not that I know of, so why should they here?

Finite energy already exists. It's called coal power. Solar power is only limited by the amount of sun received, which is already part of the game.