Planet biomes (saying plains when there are plains) & finite energy (redstone, torches, lava etc)

Finite energy?

• Total voters

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Still a no for the infinite energy thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch is already planning to do a biomes overhaul when the mod is in a more complete state. From what I understand right now, he basically modified the code that generates the overworld, which is why you get weird biome types on the moon and stuff. It's also why plants and trees that are added by other mods will generate with the moon.

Still a no for the infinite energy thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch is already planning to do a biomes overhaul when the mod is in a more complete state. From what I understand right now, he basically modified the code that generates the overworld, which is why you get weird biome types on the moon and stuff. It's also why plants and trees that are added by other mods will generate with the moon.

Lol dude, wtf... why are you talking about infinite energy? I already destroyed that idea, if you remember the post like this, but I'm sure no one understood -_-

Also, the solar panels are in no way infinite energy, they extract radiant (specifically light's frequency) energy from the sun's rays. That's 'infinite' in the game files, but not, so it's acceptable.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Lol dude, wtf... why are you talking about infinite energy? I already destroyed that idea, if you remember the post like this, but I'm sure no one understood -_-

Also, the solar panels are in no way infinite energy, they extract radiant (specifically light's frequency) energy from the sun's rays. That's 'infinite' in the game files, but not, so it's acceptable.
Whatever. I meant your stupid finite energy thing.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
1. Biomes on other planets & moons.

This could either be:

a. 'Martian', or 'Mars' for all of Mars, etc. Or,

b. River, Plains etc when the terrain gen is actually like that.
E.g. those dried-up, deep river beds on Mars - 'River'.

2. Finite energy.
As we all kmow, energy is not infinite. Thus I say, let torches burn out, furnaces & generators require ignition, glostone evaporate, and redstone require an electric current to turn on and lava cooling into obsidian.
You could be a bit more specific for the biomes. Even, "The End," has a biome known as something that isn't the dimension name.

A river is a large natural stream of water flowing in a channel to the sea, a lake, or another such stream.

Those glowstone torches? I don't believe the reason glowstone glows is because of something that simple. Also, if you are asking about vanilla stuff, then you should do this on the Minecraft forums. This is a mod for space, not making vanilla Minecraft energy finite, or if you mean both, then you could've just listed stuff from GC so I wouldn't have to "hate" on your ideas and be a "dark follower of Dex Luther"when I'm just pointing out where it should actually be. :(

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
You could be a bit more specific for the biomes. Even, "The End," has a biome known as something that isn't the dimension name.

A river is a large natural stream of water flowing in a channel to the sea, a lake, or another such stream.

Those glowstone torches? I don't believe the reason glowstone glows is because of something that simple. Also, if you are asking about vanilla stuff, then you should do this on the Minecraft forums. This is a mod for space, not making vanilla Minecraft energy finite, or if you mean both, then you could've just listed stuff from GC so I wouldn't have to "hate" on your ideas and be a "dark follower of Dex Luther"when I'm just pointing out where it should actually be. :(
stop bumping up this shitty thread -.-

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Guys, this is Universal Electricity. A mod API about energy!
was...galacticraft is kinda indipented from ue, also the api doesnt really work that well either but that aside.

also the bioms are a quit good idea, like to make creaters a little bit rare and make hard to find bioms like the 7 gaint creaters from the moon, also mars do have a real variation in ground structure like is disribed ón the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_Mars

the finneted energy...in galacticraft...no i personally dont thing thats resaneble, maybe in a saprate mod to make minecraft survivel more a challance, you can always sugest it on the minecraft forum under mod ideas :3

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
was...galacticraft is kinda indipented from ue, also the api doesnt really work that well either but that aside.

also the bioms are a quit good idea, like to make creaters a little bit rare and make hard to find bioms like the 7 gaint creaters from the moon, also mars do have a real variation in ground structure like is disribed ón the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_Mars

the finneted energy...in galacticraft...no i personally dont thing thats resaneble, maybe in a saprate mod to make minecraft survivel more a challance, you can always sugest it on the minecraft forum under mod ideas :3
Your spelling made it a bit tough to understand. :/
The picture of the terrain types for Mars was nice.
Craters being rare? No. I'm going to be like TheUnknownPlayer and just say "no" and end it there. :p