Planet Terrain and Day/Night cycle mathematics

Dynamitemaas

Aug 24, 2016
I read through everything about the planets and future plans and had a few thoughts about the mathematics for planets (and moons/ asteroids) day cycle. Also while playing with the mod (Galacticraft 3) there were a few things I wish were implemented into the sky and solar system.

1. Multiple satellites owned by the same player
2. Satellites orbiting Mars, the Moon, and other planets and moons to be added in future versions
3. On Jupiter you should only be allowed to orbit it and visit some of its moons due to the fact that by the time you get to its solid core there is far to much pressure and storms would push you around making navigation and visibility a nightmare
4. Landing on Saturn's rings. I understand the rings are simply bits of rock and ice floating around but having the demention be similar to the asteroids would be cool and the view of Saturn would be amazing
5. Landing on Uranus and Neptune would be feasible because it is so cold the methane freezes without high pressure and by melting some of the ice you would then have a near unlimited fuel source
6. Extreme weather on Neptune, landing should be possible but surface conditions should be very rough
7. In the overworld if you have satellites orbiting you should be able to see them fly over just like how you can see the International Space Station from Earth
8. Making the days on each planet more accurate, for example Mars has a day of 24 H and 36 min not 24 H. also on the space station each day/night cycle is only 90 min

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
I like this idea. But along with that, how about harvesting the chemica/geological aspects of the Planets?

Mars has Iron-Oxide in it's rocks, along with water in the deeper area(possibly). Why not process that?

The Moon has Iron, Aluminum, ans Helium 3(A possible Fuel source).

Europa(A moon of Jupiter), has Water which could be used for energy.

Titan has Methane which can be used for fuel.

And why not make it possible to travel to Mercury and Venus? You can have floating cities in Venus, and Umbrella Colonies in Mercury.

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
The 4Space addon makes it possible to go to Mercury and Venus.
I know. I meant like for the future of GC itself.

and also I would like there to be more ways of harvesting the resources on each planet. The geology of Mercury is similar to the Moon's, so why not have the ability to grind the rocks into chemicals like Iron or Aluminum?

Venus has lots of CO2. Using an atmopshere valve, you could collect near-limitless oxygen to use for your base.

Also why not use the CO2 as a source of energy? I know it's a little hypothetical, but why not make a CO2 Generator?

One idea I read about related to CO2, was that a company was converting it into Concrete, or as it's called CO2ERETE. why not add something like that as well?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
How do you want to use CO2 for power? It is quite low on chemical energy already, being the product of burning carbon with oxygen and all. I doubt there are any exothermal reactions left with the stuff.

The only thing I can think of are heavy-duty wind turbines or thermoelements, which you lower into the cloud layer while floating above it.