Planets: 3D galaxy map, eclipses, needing to use things to see galaxy map, finite planets.

Finite planets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you keep posting the same suggestions over and over again. Seems like any time you come up with some idea you have to re-post 12 ideas you already posted with it.

I deleted the old thread coz of you and your hostility.

Also, why should I let go of my 100% logical idea on flight duration and fuel consumation!?

And you know it's logic. Okay, try getting out of your chair, then try walking up and down the house at the same speed? What takes longer?
What consumes more energy?

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I deleted the old thread coz of you and your hostility.

Also, why should I let go of my 100% logical idea on flight duration and fuel consumation!?

And you know it's logic. Okay, try getting out of your chair, then try walking up and down the house at the same speed? What takes longer?
What consumes more energy?

Because Mitch already told you he's not doing the flying in space thing. This is nothing but a rewording of basically the same idea. Longer flight times? That sounds oddly familiar to your exploring space idea. Adding a timer to the GUI is probably possible, but likely isn't going to happen.

See Mitch's post about things being boring as hell here:
Images: concept abaut a better space travel and tier3 rocket part 1

Because Mitch already told you he's not doing the flying in space thing. This is nothing but a rewording of basically the same idea. Longer flight times? That sounds oddly familiar to your exploring space idea. Adding a timer to the GUI is probably possible, but likely isn't going to happen.

See Mitch's post about things being boring as hell here:
Images: concept abaut a better space travel and tier3 rocket part 1

This has nothing to do with removing the GUI. It is simply a longer flight duration, possibly 2 minuetes by default, wnen going to Mars, 1 for The Moon etc.. Once you pass the atmosphere y axis of the planet you are on (nod) you do what SpaceUnicorn said - freeze and have the background whizz past. That would happen in a 'travel dimension' where nothing happens. Sounds like explore space, it ISN'T. Timer to the GUI could work, but I know that people want to walk around in thier own rocket.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
This has nothing to do with removing the GUI. It is simply a longer flight duration, possibly 2 minuetes by default, wnen going to Mars, 1 for The Moon etc.. Once you pass the atmosphere y axis of the planet you are on (nod) you do what SpaceUnicorn said - freeze and have the background whizz past. That would happen in a 'travel dimension' where nothing happens. Sounds like explore space, it ISN'T. Timer to the GUI could work, but I know that people want to walk around in thier own rocket.

Longer flight duration when? The only time you fly at all is during launch. It would make absolutely no sense to increase launch times for this. Either there's some details about your idea that you're leaving out, or the longer flight times is a bad and poorly thought out idea.

I've already pointed out in your other thread (that you probably deleted) that the walking in the rocket idea won't work.

1) Launch is the only time there's any real flight.
2) Astronauts don't walk around during launch.
3) Launch isn't long enough to walk around or do anything worthwhile anyways.

PS: Stop deleting your threads whenever people disagree with your suggestion just so you can hide the fact that people disagreed with you and post the same ideas again. It's dishonest.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Huh? Which one!? Seriously, it is not good how people treat wishlist threads as a thread of one "main" idea.

It's actually the other way around. Makes it hard to discuss ideas when the post has 42 different ideas listed. You've got 6 people discussing one idea while another 3 try to discuss a different idea, and 4 more are discussing a third idea. Multiply the confusion for however many ideas you posted into one thread. That's why the discussion tends to focus on one idea. It's just not possible to discuss everything in one thread.

Yeah but flying in a rocket to other dimensions and calling them planets is unacceptable.

It's just as acceptable as water that only flows 7 meters, blocks floating in mid air, and punching trees for wood.

It's also the way things are done in Minecraft.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Can't remember if I posted this or not, and I'm too lazy to check, but planets are already finite. Even the Overworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.