Portal Gun + Moon = profit?

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
I just noticed that ichun has updated the Portal Gun mod for 1.7.10.... who else whats to see the ability for portal guns to send blocks, items, and entities they suck up to the galacticraft moon at the same coords?

I for one would love to see that, geting annoyed by all those hostile mobs?
To the mooooon with them!
...I may or may not be a big GLaDOS fan and just want to ability to 'Wheatly' the mobs/blocks that annoy me >.>

Reactions: Vigilantecow

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
I have no idea or I would use my limited java knowledge to do it myself as an addon xD

I figure it might do something like the current rocket launch/land coord system galacticraft has right now. The area your standing on the overworld will be where the other side of the portal opens on the moon similar to rockets and the portal on the moon temporarily chunk loads it's side to make a suitable connection. Moment the portal gun is reset or the portal is moved from the moon the chunkload stops though.

A simple way to set the stuff pulled from the overworld without worrying about coord calculations and stuff would be a similar system to how ichun pulls the blocks to the portal in the first place or uses for the gravity gun mod, just have the blocks continue to remain as entities after being pulled through until they hit the ground and convert back to normal similar to sand blocks. At that point since they are entities the moons dimensional based gravity should take hold and do the distribution of things pulled through for the devs... it's so simple its funny xD

When a player goes through it's similar to using a dimensional portal, nothing can be done about that honestly.