Power Storage Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burshaz

Feb 11, 2014
If a battery holds 5MJ, why does the energy storage block only hold 2.5MJ when it requires 3 batteries to craft?

Burshaz

Feb 11, 2014
I'd like think it of this a not a complaint but a spring board for discussion. I don't like to cross contaminate discussion on the forum with concerns with other mods and their interaction. As many don't tackle GC as a singular mod but as part of a pack. I'm looking at progression and tiers of capability with GC just by itself. As the mods goal is off planet exploration gameplay I'm looking at it from those locations. On the moon solar is only good for half the day/night cycle. The coal generator(say tier 1 for discussion) burns through insane amounts of coal especially its output. Solar generator(Tier 2) is only good for the day cycle limited efficiency for most of the day(in daylight). Advanced solar generator(Tier 3) have better consistency during the daylight but not significantly more output. Batteries are the only mobile storage for energy, which do not stack in the inventory. Energy Storage module as i have stated which have a higher cost to manufacture, provide less storage and are non-mobile.

So to the question then, Is this a complaint? Depends if this is the intended functionality? Regardless I would suggest some change is needed, but I'm not sure what form it should take. Multiple Tiers of of storage/battery? Increased storage on the Storage block and allow it to retain its charge when moved?
I know I have similarly posted before, my thought is that other might have similar thoughts and join the discussion. I know that practically most of my concerns are answered/bypassed by blocks from other mods. Its my feeling that an answer, the better answer could come from GC itself.

Burshaz

Feb 11, 2014
discussion on that thread was going more to the different wire types and their impact. I posed multiple questions there and interaction was helpful but minimal, my intent was to be more focused in this thread. Apparently I failed to articulate my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.