Probably Long Term Ideas (I don't know if they have been suggested)

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
1) Ultimately, I think it would be awesome to have the entire solar system added, including asteroid field (probably add moons too)

2) I don't particularly like having to build a new rocket each tier, for when the planet numbers get way out there, it might get kinda annoying, so, maybe there should be a blueprint to teach your NASA workbench how to upgrade your existing rockets using blueprints of further tiers (probably have this blueprint on a later planet to save reconstruction and to add challenge) and a few necessary resources/components to upgrade your ship with a new GUI that this blueprint adds, upgrades may include higher tiers, storage space, possibly passenger space and whatever else you can think of, while still having the ability to build from scratch as well

3) speaking of suggestion 2, I think it would add an awesome element to craft block components in the NASA workbench that allow you to create a zeppelin-style spaceship, one that you can build in game the way you want it (with certain limitations) that you can put extra seats, turrets, special blocks to improve performance, fuel tanks, custom sized engines, storage and more on for invasions and long distance travel, and maybe custom moving parts, special mobile redstone, mobile wires, and more. I would suggest an algorithm to calculate size and require an engine size and fuel cost based on those calculations

4) Idea 3 would be a lot cooler with a space dimension where you can have advanced space battles, manually travel between planets, dodge asteroids and possibly land on asteroids and your private space station. It might also add an interesting element to be able to bring one of your own survival worlds into your space network as a parallel multiverse, making a copy of this world become another galaxy in the "host" world, bridging the space dimensions (which will have limited or no blocks in them) and adding to he adventure (configurable and the world must be on survival with commands off (so there is no cheating))

5) some sorta fuel intensive hyperspace flight allowing quick travel between dimensions (possibly a blueprint upgrade) in a near-endless space dimension

6) I don't feel that your alien villagers are complete, to complete them I feel you should add:
A) a breeding system based on some sort of space door (using same earth villager mechanics, and of course baby alien villagers)
B) a trading system with either emeralds or some valuable space ore as currency for selling space related stuff
C) some sort of protector that spawns with iron golem mechanics (like a meteoric iron golem, or some completely new mob) and fights hostile mobs and attacks the player if he/she harasses the villagers too much
4) Infected alien villagers that can be cured with a golden apple (or something else) that also spawns naturally at an uncommon percentage and where other zombies can stop his cure process

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
A few additions I forgot to add to the list:
1) It would be nice to have the minecraftian solar system mapped out, but in other solar systems, I think it would be cool to have harsh planets that require special gear from frozen planets, to super-hot planets closer to their sun that require cooling gear, and even possibly upgrading your ship using a blueprint so that you can travel to the stars, literally. I think it would be cool to have creatures that have adapted to such conditions (even stars, like our sun) such as nether mobs on the hotter planets, some sort of frozen mobs on the ice planets, and lava based monsters on the stars (a couple ideas here are lava dragons and magmoors, who breathe intense, suit-melting bursts of flames (and possibly solar dungeons))

2) a way to evolve into creatures you fight, getting their natural abilities as well (and maybe getting mobs of the same species to see you as a friend) maybe have some otherworld races that can become friendly if you treat them with kindness, or will teach you a lesson if you don't. I like the little worms you can keep as pets, and I think you should be able to keep other mobs as pets (besides undead, spiders and creepers) or have "friend" mobs of the species you evolved into follow you around and explore with you (maybe have them talk with you in chat (possibly have them respond to keywords you say in chat). I think it would be interesting if evolution and taming required you to use a number of experience levels, that is increasingly higher depending on the wild mob you want to tame or turn into. Also, the idea of mutagenic creatures crossed my mind, such as all zombies (and your corpse becomes a zombie when you die, cause i was toying with the idea of the undead being a major foe) or possibly werewolves that try to infect you, and you will turn into a werewolf during full moons, and after a few full moons, your change will become permanent, unless you "evolve" back into a human. Werewolves will be neutral to you when you are infected, and become friendly to you whenever you are a werewolf (but some other creatures might see you as hostile (possibly villagers, and maybe you can infect them too)). Maybe have a variety of other neutral mobs who seek to make you one of them, which will give you certain advantages and disadvantages (I toyed with the idea of some race of dragons that will try to inject a mutagen into you that will make you "permanently" turn into 1 after a few days, which then you can fly, roar, breathe fire, infect other players and testificates, and possibly lay eggs (toyed with that idea, as the dragons themselves I envisioned laying and guarding eggs) while some obstacles include some former allies won't recognize you as friends, players won't be able to tell you apart from AI dragons, and only dragons and dragon players can understand you in chat (I envisioned the same obstacles with other mutagenic creatures as well)). Also I had the idea of diplomatic relations with other races, and toyed with the idea of the ability of taming one member of an allied race by using experience levels (but they will turn if you harm their friends). (Maybe villages have diplomatic relations with each other as well, influenced by the players)

Feb 28, 2014
I really like most of these ideas, they encompass some of the ideas I have wanted to suggest (I made my account just now to reply to this :D ), and I think they would add more realism to the mod (it would make it more space-like) I really everything about travelling through space, and having to travel between the planets manually!

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I really like most of these ideas, they encompass some of the ideas I have wanted to suggest (I made my account just now to reply to this :D ), and I think they would add more realism to the mod (it would make it more space-like) I really everything about travelling through space, and having to travel between the planets manually!

I don't know what you people's obsession with realism is? You all want it, but when a game gives it to you you say it's too hard and boring.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I don't know what you people's obsession with realism is? You all want it, but when a game gives it to you you say it's too hard and boring.
Realism is good for some parts of a game like Minecraft, while following Minecraft standard also is good, which is why GalactiCraft doesn't have KSP space travel and laser guns that shoot nukes.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Realism is good for some parts of a game like Minecraft, while following Minecraft standard also is good, which is why GalactiCraft doesn't have KSP space travel and laser guns that shoot nukes.

There's ICBM for the shooting lasers and nukes lol.

Trouble is people don't seem to realize they are playing minecraft, a game that's far from realistic. I don't understand why/how they think that adding some super realistic crap in the middle of this game is a good idea. I don't even understand how they can't see that "super realism" isn't the point of the mod. If realism was the goal of this mod, then so many things would have been made realistic from the get go to clue you in that it's supposed to be realistic.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
There's ICBM for the shooting lasers and nukes lol.

Trouble is people don't seem to realize they are playing minecraft, a game that's far from realistic. I don't understand why/how they think that adding some super realistic crap in the middle of this game is a good idea. I don't even understand how they can't see that "super realism" isn't the point of the mod. If realism was the goal of this mod, then so many things would have been made realistic from the get go to clue you in that it's supposed to be realistic.
Like zombies with space helmets and giant three headed creepers that shoot TnT? Those would show you how realistic the mod could be.

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
Space dimensions are NOT gonna be added so yea..i really dont like these ideas beside micdoodle said no space travelling!
Just cause you don't like the space dimension idea doesn't mean you have to dislike all ideas, you say you dislike all of them but only give reasons for the space dim idea as if that were the only idea on the list, I'm looking for feedback on ALL ideas, not a reply that basically says "I don't like any of these ideas because the space dimension idea is a bad idea" the ideas that somewhat add on to the space dim can easily be used without it, and still have the potential to be great without it and some don't have anything to do with the space dim

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Just cause you don't like the space dimension idea doesn't mean you have to dislike all ideas, you say you dislike all of them but only give reasons for the space dim idea as if that were the only idea on the list, I'm looking for feedback on ALL ideas, not a reply that basically says "I don't like any of these ideas because the space dimension idea is a bad idea" the ideas that somewhat add on to the space dim can easily be used without it, and still have the potential to be great without it and some don't have anything to do with the space dim
micdoodle turned it down and he said he wont add it get it?

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
How about I explain TheUnknownPlayer's thoughts on it better.

Micdoodle turned down half of your ideas already.

We are eventually going to have customizable rockets, don't need blueprints to upgrade them!

Alien Villagers; They don't speak our language, they probably use their giant brains for that. Kind of tough to trade when you have nothing to say that they can understand, and nothing valuable to give them. I mean, these aren't normal villagers and they don't live on the Overworld. They won't want your emeralds, that's Overworld currency. What could they give you? Cheese? Moon Dirt? I'm sure they would never sell precious dirt to you.

Hyperspace travel? Don't need it.

Breeding and infection; these are alien villagers. Completely different. You can't just assume they work and are meant to be JUST like Overworld villagers. Racist. >;(

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch

We are eventually going to have customizable rockets, don't need blueprints to upgrade them!

Alien Villagers; They don't speak our language, they probably use their giant brains for that. Kind of tough to trade when you have nothing to say that they can understand, and nothing valuable to give them. I mean, these aren't normal villagers and they don't live on the Overworld. They won't want your emeralds, that's Overworld currency. What could they give you? Cheese? Moon Dirt? I'm sure they would never sell precious dirt to you.

Breeding and infection; these are alien villagers. Completely different. You can't just assume they work and are meant to be JUST like Overworld villagers. Racist. >.
Thanks for explaining lol!

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
micdoodle turned it down and he said he wont add it get it?
The thread is calledProbably Long Term IDEAS, NOT IDEA, the other ideas have nothing to do with the space dimension, and/or will work just fine and still be great without the space dimension, I only realized he turned it down after the post. Come back to me with feedback on the other posts, don't just get hung up on the space dimension

It seems that all you do is skim through, and pick out keywords you don't like and judge everything on those keywords

If you could actually READ the last comment, I was saying it about the space dim but what about the other ideas

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014

Breeding and infection; these are alien villagers. Completely different. You can't just assume they work and are meant to be JUST like Overworld villagers. Racist. >;(
Thank you for at least acknowledging the existence of the other ideas, whereas TheUnknownPlayer only gave examples or acknowledgement of the space idea