Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
I think maybe Probes should be added to this mod. There are 2 Probes.# 1: crashed probe, which can be found on planets only on the solar system. they would contain, oxygen gear and collectors and maybe some armor. # 2: Landing site Probes, these would have to be created on the overworld out of steel and iron, they are cheap but require more fuel than rockets. These Probes are needed to reach planets and moons beyond mars. They would set upi landing sites with small pods with oxygen. Post thoughts about Probes below

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Maybe you can program the probes(like the turtles from computercraft) to go to the chosen plannet and mine/find the chosen resources there and it would come back to the players position.

Mitch should really look at this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Maybe you can program the probes(like the turtles from computercraft) to go to the chosen plannet and mine/find the chosen resources there and it would come back to the players position.

Something like that wouldn't be a very good idea. A probe should be a sensor. Nothing more. Maybe have probes scan the surface. If you send a certain number of probes to a planet before going there, then you have a higher chance of landing in a more interesting position (village close by, slightly more resources detected around the landing site, etc). Kinda like those IC2 items that you'd put in a mining well. I forget what they're called. They basically let you scan the ground under you, and it would display a number. The higher the number the more resources were below in a 3x3 or a 5x5 column depending on the scanner.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Something like that wouldn't be a very good idea. A probe should be a sensor. Nothing more. Maybe have probes scan the surface. If you send a certain number of probes to a planet before going there, then you have a higher chance of landing in a more interesting position (village close by, slightly more resources detected around the landing site, etc). Kinda like those IC2 items that you'd put in a mining well. I forget what they're called. They basically let you scan the ground under you, and it would display a number. The higher the number the more resources were below in a 3x3 or a 5x5 column depending on the scanner.

the normal probes were allways sensors.

you like me dontya?

Last edited: