pulverizer recipes for ores like silicon

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
I would like to request or ask how to add pulverizer/smelting recipes for silicon. for example if you get a bunch of them with a silk touch pickaxe or a quarry. how do you process the ore beyond replacing it and re pickaxing it. (seems silly to have an ore required for space travel and yet you need a 12th century process to get it)
Thanks

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
I tried in a redstone furnace and a pulverizer and nothing happens. ore just sits there

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Alright, so I was screwing around last night and it appears that it cannot be smelted in any type of furnace. Perhaps try starting a suggestion thread with the idea to make it able to smelt or pulverize to see what others have to say about it.

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
I thought that is what I was doing, (but confirming I wasn't being retarded first)
is there a better place I should be posting this?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh, well this is in a support thread so I thought you were asking for help as if you were just missing something. Just a technicality that I read too much into. Looking back at your post though you clearly requested to add it so my appologies.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
For me re-mining works pretty well.
Just wish EE3 got updated to 1.6.4. and with condensers...
Unlimited things!

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
I know you CAN re-mine, what I am saying the fact you HAVE TO makes the ore out of time with the rest of the mod. TO SPACE AND BEYOND.....oh wait wait, need a 12th century tool. would be like WOW I just bought a car, now we have to go refine the fuel from scratch.....(this is fine, it is what minecraft is about)........and you have to use your hands...o_O

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
Just like looking at what you said in my quote...

reads, above post....pauses.......thinks........brain comes to screeching halt......rereads above post.........pauses again....thinks harder.......confused......thinks about needing that first morning coffee to possibly get my brain working, ........has sip...enjoys. read again and brain still goes HUH?

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
reads, above post....pauses.......thinks........brain comes to screeching halt......rereads above post.........pauses again....thinks harder.......confused......thinks about needing that first morning coffee to possibly get my brain working, ........has sip...enjoys. read again and brain still goes HUH?
True...

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
Well at least silicon is the only one you have to do that with, right? I mean it's not ideal and it would be logical if you could at least pulverize it.

no idea haven't been to mars to get desh, and you never used to have the issue with meteoric iron.

I am just at the point where I am living on my spacestation, and trying to mass produce items, that is when I noticed it was a bit of a (seemingly unnecessary) hassle to get more the 3 stacks of silicon

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I know you CAN re-mine, what I am saying the fact you HAVE TO makes the ore out of time with the rest of the mod. TO SPACE AND BEYOND.....oh wait wait, need a 12th century tool. would be like WOW I just bought a car, now we have to go refine the fuel from scratch.....(this is fine, it is what minecraft is about)........and you have to use your hands...o_O
I think re-mining is just fine, ever here of the pesky way to get flint in vanilla?

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah, I didn't even consider that you might be using a quarry on another planet. Well I would probably make a creative map to test which Galacticraft ores won't "break" when picked up by a quarry. Once you find out which ones don't work right then I would make a thread specifically in the Suggestions forum (just in case Mitch is more likely to check for ideas there) suggesting to add compatibility with quarries. One thing to consider (if you haven't already) is that it may be an issue that Buildcraft would have to address, but I'm not sure.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Yes but there are easier ways around that even. Not to mention that flint isn't supposed to drop from gravel everytime it's mined, unlike silicon ore which is supposed to drop raw silicon every time.
Mic is online now, so I reccomend getting started xD

Archon

Nov 4, 2013
after a quick test in creative all the other galacticcraft Mars ores will smelt, but not pulverize (unlike their counterparts on the over world, nether etc). the Moon ores will smelt and pulverize, silicon does nothing.