Question on the Wrench

DenaliNW

Dec 14, 2013
I looked through the wiki, but didn't see the answer to my question. Can the wrench simply change the side of the input for the electrical cables without rotating the whole block?

I can wrench the block and it will rotate so that I can change the location of the input for the wire, but then the nice pretty textured face is no longer where I want it. I want the face to remain on the front, and the input to be on the back or bottom. For clarity I was using the buildcraft wrench, as I'm still accumulating resources to build the compressor, so I can build the GC wrench. Will the GC wrench do what I want, and I should be quiet and just get back to mining (sigh) ;)

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I looked through the wiki, but didn't see the answer to my question. Can the wrench simply change the side of the input for the electrical cables without rotating the whole block?

I can wrench the block and it will rotate so that I can change the location of the input for the wire, but then the nice pretty textured face is no longer where I want it. I want the face to remain on the front, and the input to be on the back or bottom. For clarity I was using the buildcraft wrench, as I'm still accumulating resources to build the compressor, so I can build the GC wrench. Will the GC wrench do what I want, and I should be quiet and just get back to mining (sigh) ;)

No, unfortunately the Galacticraft wrench (aka Standard Wrench) doesn't just change the location of the ports. It rotates the entire machine/block as well. I know what you mean, I wish you could keep the block facing a particular direction with port where you want it.