Randomly produced solar systems, planets, and the Space Dock

Mar 7, 2013
Procedurally-Generated Solar Systems
The idea is that solar systems would be randomly generated throughout the galaxy as a person drags the camera in the galaxy map. The new planets would be created with completely randomized world generation parameters (if you want a good idea of what I'm talking about, check out Wedge, an old world generator which allowed for the complete customization and randomization of world generation), and random surface blocks. I would also suggest making different type of stone/soil blocks, like carbon-based, iron-based, and other stuffs, so that the randomly-generated worlds could also have variable composition.

Space
The main idea of this suggestion is that exploring and colonizing new planets is cool, but space travel in itself is a thing of novelty. Personally, I think it would be immensely cool to explore the void of space, perhaps building space stations and space docks. In addition, nebulae, asteroids, and perhaps even alien spacecraft could be generated in the void of space. Of course, there is the dilemma of the idea of the world limit-space is, if anything, volumetric, and 256 meters of height doesn't quite capture the vastness of space.

Ferigad

Mar 8, 2013
I like the idear! I think there would be a way to get around it in spaceflight. Just create a UI element that is like the google radar, but for far greater distances. It would show you things like asteroids...or other objects, and maybe different collered blips that shows objects that has a drive, like a alien rocket or so. Of course it wouldnt be the real thing because of the limited view size but in that way you could at least explore the vastnes of space and actually find things.

And finding like gem asteroids, land on them and mine it off would be...pretty awsome! xD I tottaly agree, space itself should be a part in a spacemod!