Realistic Rockets

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
I haver had a rethink on the Proportioned Rockets idea, and since that idea went down the plughole,
I have come up with a second suggestion,

I understand that many people do not like the idea of the NPCs so instaed,

The player has to build their rocket block by block as before.
Lets say there is a rocket computer that detects the properties of the rocket, such as how many fuel cells are onboard.
These can be Uranium fuel cells (for long distance)
or hydrogen.

As you develop in the world, you first fly to the moon on a hydrogen powered rocket. but to get to mars you cant use hydrogen, because the rocket will be far to big otherwise.
so you move up to uranium, his can propel you to mars or jupiter, and so on and so on.

Eventually you use ores found on other planets for your rocket.

thanks for reading

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Space ships should be proportional to the achievement and cargo, in size and/or technology: yes, agreed.

Realist? Yes, but within Minecraft logic. Vehicles in MC are built by assembling pieces in a workbench, that's why "placing block by block" to build a rocket seems a bit off.

I like the idea of having minimum requirements to achieve an advanced goal. You'd need to collect ores, produce alloys and generate technology that are possible in certain planets or conditions and then go further.

(As to "Proportioned Rockets" idea: It's possible to make big models. The thing is, if the models become so big so that the mod would run into problems like the developers of Traincraft had: big models => buggy collision, visual glitches, weird movement, bad player positioning and general instability, e.g. trains decoupling or derailing by themselves).

BigEll

May 28, 2013
About Rocket Size: Does it really needs to be extremly big like the RealLife-Rockets?
I think its fine with the small Rockets thinky we have up to now.

About travel-requirements to outter Space: Yea! I highly wish something like that you imagine.
New Ore Requirements which can be found on other Planets.

i.e. find sth. on the moon which allows you to travel further outter Space -> to Mars.
Find sth. on Mars for getting deeper and so on. Would be nice.

Reactions: tihmstar

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Space ships should be proportional to the achievement and cargo, in size and/or technology: yes, agreed.

Realist? Yes, but within Minecraft logic. Vehicles in MC are built by assembling pieces in a workbench, that's why "placing block by block" to build a rocket seems a bit off.

I like the idea of having minimum requirements to achieve an advanced goal. You'd need to collect ores, produce alloys and generate technology that are possible in certain planets or conditions and then go further.

(As to "Proportioned Rockets" idea: It's possible to make big models. The thing is, if the models become so big so that the mod would run into problems like the developers of Traincraft had: big models => buggy collision, visual glitches, weird movement, bad player positioning and general instability, e.g. trains decoupling or derailing by themselves).

About Rocket Size: Does it really needs to be extremly big like the RealLife-Rockets?
I think its fine with the small Rockets thinky we have up to now.

About travel-requirements to outter Space: Yea! I highly wish something like that you imagine.
New Ore Requirements which can be found on other Planets.

i.e. find sth. on the moon which allows you to travel further outter Space -> to Mars.
Find sth. on Mars for getting deeper and so on. Would be nice.

The rocket size depends on what you want to do like the cargo and where, just like you said, the rocket posted in proportional rockets suggestion is just an example, it needn't be that big, lets say those fuel cell blocks are in the orange tank and the SRBs.

But i think that it still should be a challenge,
And just as an after though, you have t, build the lunar module in the overworld and build it into the rocket.

I think that the Cells would work like this:

Each Cell will have a certain amount of power.

Hydrogen lets say 100 power
Uranium 500 power
Fusion Cell 1000 power

To reach the planet of your choice you have to reach the amount of power, so for example.
To travel from the overworld to the moon will take a rocket with 800 power, and to get to mars say 5000.

This can open up lots of possibilities, because you could have a rocket with only 5 fission fuel cells to get to mars, but you can still get there with 10 uranium cells,

I think the less power the longer it takes as well.

I know this will then remove the need for the nasa workbench to build the rockets, but it can still create the buggies and the lunar modules. Perhaps the cells have to be constructed in the nasa workbench.

ProfessorG42

May 24, 2013
Blood-gulch canyon
maybe they should add like an hyper drive blocks, which consumes fusion cells, and can propel you to the outer planets, like Uranus, Neptune, and other solar systems.

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013
I haver had a rethink on the Proportioned Rockets idea, and since that idea went down the plughole,
I have come up with a second suggestion,

I understand that many people do not like the idea of the NPCs so instaed,

The player has to build their rocket block by block as before.
Lets say there is a rocket computer that detects the properties of the rocket, such as how many fuel cells are onboard.
These can be Uranium fuel cells (for long distance)
or hydrogen.

As you develop in the world, you first fly to the moon on a hydrogen powered rocket. but to get to mars you cant use hydrogen, because the rocket will be far to big otherwise.
so you move up to uranium, his can propel you to mars or jupiter, and so on and so on.

Eventually you use ores found on other planets for your rocket.

thanks for reading

Better idea if any of you have played volts(aka)Atomic science and got to the phase of fission,fusion reactors
where you need turbines. when you put a 3x3 square of turbines and right click with a wrench the turbines
turn into a bigger one something like that but on a bigger scale build a rocket with the blocks its suppose to be built
then right click it with a wrench and TADA a rocket. Also he might find a way to be able to put different engines
and tanks to give more propulsion and fuel.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
The Tier 1 rocket could be an old-fashioned multistage rocket. As to its size, something that fits in 3x3x12 or 5x5x15 box, big enough for people with special needs and for the moon lander to somewhat fit in.

Ar4IRo5.png

While the rocket goes up, the player would be required to "press space bar" once or twice to jettison the bottom-most stage, or the rocket will lose speed and fall down. It adds some peril and keeps the player a bit busy in the 1st and long run to leave the overworld.

I like the idea from another topic the moon lander could be also used to lift off from the moon. You could use right-click to "mount" it and sneak key to dismount, and shift-right-click it to open the inventory, following the behavior of the mule chest. The moon lander could also land and lift off from the stations, no need of launch pads. An arm-less version of the moon lander with parachute could be used to re-enter the overworld's atmosphere, specially if the player has no proper suit. If he does, he can just jump off the space station.

Reactions: IsoMS

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
The Tier 1 rocket could be an old-fashioned multistage rocket. As to its size, something that fits in 3x3x12 or 5x5x15 box, big enough for people with special needs and for the moon lander to somewhat fit in.

Ar4IRo5.png

While the rocket goes up, the player would be required to "press space bar" once or twice to jettison the bottom-most stage, or the rocket will lose speed and fall down. It adds some peril and keeps the player a bit busy in the 1st and long run to leave the overworld.

I like the idea from another topic the moon lander could be also used to lift off from the moon. You could use right-click to "mount" it and sneak key to dismount, and shift-right-click it to open the inventory, following the behavior of the mule chest. The moon lander could also land and lift off from the stations, no need of launch pads. An arm-less version of the moon lander with parachute could be used to re-enter the overworld's atmosphere, specially if the player has no proper suit. If he does, he can just jump off the space station.

Nice that looks awesome, and yes I do agree with you that there has to be something to do whist escaping earths orbit.

spacet&b

May 20, 2013

Ar4IRo5.png

The second-part reminds me of this: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ :-D

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
If it wouldn't be too much trouble for Micdoodle, maybe there could be a 3-D flying "animation" when you are traveling the galaxy.
You'd be able to turn, fly, and just hang around in your spaceship.(and find secrets that the universe has to offer:eek:!)

Neoc0001

Jul 18, 2013
Netherlands
maby the space ship can be a bit taller cuz this one is 3 blocks high i think and it would be nice if it is 8/10 blocks high and 2 by 2 that would be nice just a bit bigger :)

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
You ever created a Nuclear reactor in Tekkit IsoMS? It can be that complicated. Just takes time. From what I've seen with his crossbow mod its definitely possible.