Recommended Electricity Mods?

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
IC2 currently dosnt seem to be working with this mod, what other mods work with Galacticraft? Im currently using v.6.2.

Im also a huge fan of links if anyone feels inclined to show me said mods and where I could get them :)

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
What's not compatible in IC2? IC2 compatibility is important so any info is appreciated.

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
it seems the electricity from IC2 isnt working with your mod micdoodle. Now I maybe doing it incorrectly as im not very experienced with either mod, but as far as the IC2 setup I was using it was a series of solar panels connected to batboxes, linking to a MFE unit, then to a MFSU, then using HV cables connecting to a oxygen compressor and getting an error saying theres not enough electricity input. In theory it should be working but if im doing something wrong I do apologize.

davidss999

Jul 22, 2013
I think I may have figured out the whole mess. turns out the electricity from IC2 CAN power the blocks in galacticraft. seemed the issue was that I had the oxygen compressor and collector stemming off their own seperate cable, but for some reason they would not pull power from the batbox on their own. once I attached a refinery to the end of the cable there was a consistant current running through which would allow both the collector and compressor to spring to life.

im not sure if its supposed to work that way or if its a glitch, theres not much learning material for galacticraft out there, the wiki is rather lacking and seems pretty outdated and any videos I could find were either seemingly outdated, or just mod reviews and not any sort of substantial tutorial.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
the basic components of universal electricity needed for galacticraft,
when you downloaded galacticraft, and start up your minecraft you get a pop up that's asking you for loading the basic componets ...
press okay and it should load the components

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
He's using IC2 so basic components aren't loaded, and probably shouldn't be. When you load Galacticraft without mods it's ask. When you load it with these mods it doesn't. HE was trying to figure out why IC2 electricity wasn't working with Galacticraft parts. According to MicDoodle it should. Work in progress is challenging isn't it. Thanks for your trial and error and input Davidss

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
He's using IC2 so basic components aren't loaded, and probably shouldn't be. When you load Galacticraft without mods it's ask. When you load it with these mods it doesn't. HE was trying to figure out why IC2 electricity wasn't working with Galacticraft parts. According to MicDoodle it should. Work in progress is challenging isn't it. Thanks for your trial and error and input Davidss

i more like to use the basic components, its just my opnion.