Reconfiguration of the two existing pipe types to allow for liquids handling.

BigBishounen

Mar 6, 2015
First off, let me just state, for the record, that I LOVE Galacticraft. I am actually planning an entire YouTube series around it at the moment to launch my new YouTube channel with. However, I am running into a few issues as I am planning, and one of them is the issue of piping of various fluids around.

Now, I know that I could just plug in Mekanism, Buildcraft, IC2, etc. and get fluid pipes. I KNOW this, I GET this. So please don't respond by telling me to go do that. The thing is, I don't WANT this. I don't want to have to deal with all the other "cruft" that comes along with plugging in Yet Another Mod into my setup (not to mention more issues with ID conflicts and lag/stability problems in SMP) and I'm not at the programming level where I can edit a mod to simply remove everything except fluid pipes.

Besides that, it simply isn't necessary. Galacticraft has everything it needs already present, with a little bit of tweaking:

What I am proposing is to reconfigure the two existing pipes (Oxygen and Hydrogen) into Gases and Liquids pipes. The existing Oxygen pipe would become a Gasses pipe, capable of handling any and all gasses. The Hydrogen pipe would become a Liquids pipe, capable of handling any liquid you want to funnel down it. The pipes are already there, the models are there, the only thing that needs to be done is a bit of reconfiguration in the back end code to handle the new setup, and done.

This allows Galacticraft to be more "stand alone" in that has less dependencies built into it and can be run almost entirely by itself as a single mod.

Reactions: cricket354

BigBishounen

Mar 6, 2015
Still wishing this was in Galacticraft. I've been playing more in singleplayer and trying desperately to find a good piping solution. Nothing out there really seems to work the way that Galacticraft describes it working. I tried Buildcraft pipes because the Buildcraft devs made their system entirely modular. You can load up the core Buildcraft stuff and the pipes and then leave everything else out without breaking the pipes. Unfortunately, the Buildcraft pipes don't really work. They work within themselves, of course, but they won't pipe oil from a tank into the refinery, or from the refinery into the fuel loader or into a tank. Also, the inputs and outputs on the refinery seem to be reversed. (Dark Grey side is fuel output and yellow side is oil input, the reverse of what it should be.) So this may be the source of the Buildcraft pipe failures. I'm fiddling with High Pressure pipes now, but I don't like how dependent they are on more difficult to get items like Ender Pearls. I would try Mekanism, but I don't like how ridiculously OP Mekanism's power systems are. They make Galacticraft solar panels pointless, and they introduce some ridiculous things like windmills that work incredibly well in the vacuum of space.

I understand there is a new version of Galacticraft out. I will check the release notes on it and see if it resolves any of these issues.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Or, even if this isn't implemented, at least allow better integration with mods like thermal dynamics or enderIO. Sending liquid oxygen through tesseracts/ender tanks to oxygen sealers is awkward at the very least

BigBishounen

Mar 6, 2015
I apologize for Necroing an ancient thread of mine, but I've been away from Minecraft for a bit and/or doing other non-modded things and am just now checking back. I know Micdoodle and Radfast were away for a bit but are now back. I was wondering, have the liquid moving issues in Galacticraft been resolved in any manner yet? Have either of the Devs considered my recommendation? Does anyone have any other suggestions or are we still stuck bucketing oil and fuel back and forth?

BigBishounen

Mar 6, 2015
Probably ic2 or buildcraft pipes.

I was reading through the more recent release notes and there is something in there about improved compatibility with Buildcraft. I'm hoping this means the pipes work well enough to set up an automated fuel processing and loading system. I really want to be done with moving fluids back and forth via buckets.

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
I was reading through the more recent release notes and there is something in there about improved compatibility with Buildcraft. I'm hoping this means the pipes work well enough to set up an automated fuel processing and loading system. I really want to be done with moving fluids back and forth via buckets.
I also thing GC neeeds liquid pipes, but the problem with that is that people who have GC are likely to have other tech mods, and adding a liquid pipe would only mean more pipes for mod users, making it more confusing.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
Or, even if this isn't implemented, at least allow better integration with mods like thermal dynamics or enderIO. Sending liquid oxygen through tesseracts/ender tanks to oxygen sealers is awkward at the very least

a Ender Gas Tank would be nice. Rotary Condensators eat Unnecessary Energy. even tho Power is never a Problem. Big Reactors solve every RF/EU Issue.

The thing is, I don't WANT this. I don't want to have to deal with all the other "cruft" that comes along with plugging in Yet Another Mod into my setup (not to mention more issues with ID conflicts and lag/stability problems in SMP) and I'm not at the programming level where I can edit a mod to simply remove everything except fluid pipes.

Why would someone not want TE, Ender IO or Mek in there pack? And how could can they produce lag/ID conflicts? man, this only throws out more Questions. xD
eitherway, if you for some reason only want some Pipes from those mods... Minetweaker 3 is the best help you can get.

p.s.: i didn't even knew that GC has no Liquid Pipes... thx to Fluid Conduits.

Playstation3

Jan 17, 2016
Why would someone not want TE, Ender IO or Mek in there pack? And how could can they produce lag/ID conflicts? man, this only throws out more Questions. xD
eitherway, if you for some reason only want some Pipes from those mods... Minetweaker 3 is the best help you can get.

p.s.: i didn't even knew that GC has no Liquid Pipes... thx to Fluid Conduits.
Already started their world. Its just not the same.