Reconfigure the moon

Derptime

Jun 24, 2013
First off i would like to say i love this mod
I'm currently building an adventure type sever and have run in to a mild problem.

my sever uses a mod called custom NPCs and they don't have slots to for oxygen helmets.
and they... well they... kinda die form lack of oxygen...

is it possible to configure the moon to have oxygen? for the most part the sever is fantasy themed but with dementional doors we can get to the moon with out hassle but in an ideal stuation we just want to use the moon with the oxygen components cutout

i do have some experience coding if there isnt a config for adding oxygen to the moon, with the src available it might be possible code patch. if so any one know what files i should start reading through?

Harrison

Jun 28, 2013
California
why would you want the moon to have oxygen? just for your own personal use? no. That would ruin the purpose of the mod. There is NO oxygen on the moon.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
why would you want the moon to have oxygen?
*points*
my sever uses a mod called custom NPCs and they don't have slots to for oxygen helmets.
and they... well they... kinda die form lack of oxygen...

just for your own personal use? no. That would ruin the purpose of the mod.
For his server. He and other players.

If this is the reason, why did the developers bother making a config? I tweaked some properties in the moon for my personal use.

----

Answering OP's question: it's not possible to fill up the moon with O2. All CG dimensions are coded to inflict damage unless the player uses O2 gears or is surrounded by O2.

Try:
- go to .minecraft\config\Galacticraft (I'm not sure if server configs are saved in the same place)
- open core.cfg
- find: I:"Suffocation Damage"=2
- set it to 0 (zero)
- save, close, see if it works.

Please, reply with the results.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
All non-player entities can survive in oxygen bubbles and oxygen sealed areas.

Unless you have NPCs wandering around the planet, you can just put them in bubbles and they'll survive.

Derptime

Jun 24, 2013
I love this mod, but im running more of a fantasy sever, and the not that i dont like the idea of terraform the moon with machines. its just that... hmm how do i put this...
im looking to adapt the the mod to have more of the "wallace and gromit" style moon
rather than a "real moon"...

and i dont think that is strange... Galacticraft isnt a realistic moon any why
i feel torn Galacticraft trys to be realism... but then you add moon cheese ore... and the realism is lost
so more or less im trying to tone back the realism to make the moon more fun and cartoon.

i like moon cheese
is it really inposible to add just oxogen?
right now i have fantasy sever that started with hexit as its base
i add coustom recipes to craft fueled rockes out of wood and shooting stars add in hexit
we even reskined them to be made of wood
a and helmet are made of cardboard... or at least the best cardboard i could fake in suck small texture sizes
as well as made coustom recipes to craft filled oxigen tanks with essence of aid bottles
I only have one problem! just one... we biuld custom dungeons and add npcs and boss
and that all fine but the problem is air bubles... they dont work at all... we have to have power to run the air makers
but on a we dont have any mods that we can add that dont add things to world generation.
all mods that add power that GC can use... add too much stuff that are problematic
is it posible to run the oxegen pumps with out power... is there any way to edit this...

why would you want the moon to have oxygen? just for your own personal use? no. That would ruin the purpose of the mod. There is NO oxygen on the moon.
is this really that wierd?

i mean i know this mod was designed for use with things like tekkit.... but i feel like the possibility are endless and farther reaching...
hmm i really love this mod and i really love sharing mods i love with my player base

Derptime

Jun 24, 2013
Harrison, its not that i have to have a moon with oxygen its more that i need to make oxygen with out power from biuldcraft or the like

Here my alternate idea is it possible to make an add-on that could provide an *alternate* form of power to power the oxygen pumps

if i can provide alternate power or strait up add oxygen to the moon either would make this work
This is a beautiful mod spend time on the moon is always fun and i want to share that.
But as an adventure server. it kinda impossible to build dungeons if the npcs die every 2 mins form suffocation
Air bubble would be fine... but as it stands we cant power them

Derptime

Jun 24, 2013
i now that you have api set up but is it posible to make an add-on to solve one of either problems

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
It's definitely possible. Although asking for something that has only been asked by you. As part of a one off server is probably going to be put on the back burner. I'd try what Ezer'Arch suggested first. I'm sure many more would love to see the initial bugs resolved before the mod starts wandering further off into to fantasy tangent land. One could spend a millenia doing the little request before one's done finishing the main project. I believe this belongs more in the suggestions Forum than the support Forum.

Derptime lol how appropriate.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Oh and you can run them without power. It's called the Infinite battery that MicDoodle so kindly added. Just run a give command and there you go.

Derptime

Jun 24, 2013
Oh and you can run them without power. It's called the Infinite battery that MicDoodle so kindly added. Just run a give command and there you go.
Im looking for it.
sigh is it for 1.6.2?
we are on a 1.5.2 sever...

or do i have to search for it?
its not in the creative tab

EDIT: found it! woot!