Redstone control for Arc Lamp

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I know it's only the beta and was only released today so I don't know it there are any further plans related to the arc lamp, but if it's not already planned I would like to suggest being able to turn arc lamps off if they receive a redstone signal.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Well while this is (kinda) off topic, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it, may it also be noted that arc lamps have some placement/directional issues. I can't screenshot at the moment, but just incase Mic or Rad hasn't noticed yet...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Well while this is (kinda) off topic, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it, may it also be noted that arc lamps have some placement/directional issues. I can't screenshot at the moment, but just incase Mic or Rad hasn't noticed yet...

They seem to work "fine" for me. Are they only facing one direction? If you don't already know, you have to turn them with a wrench. They do, however, return to their original position and have to be turned to the direction you want every time you reload the map...unless that was the issue you're referring to.

EDIT: I watched @Ezer'Arch witness that all first hand when he was streaming. Micdoole8 was watching some of the time so I'm assuming he either saw that or that Ezer already told him.