Redstone control for Oxygen Sealers and Airlocks with Redstone Feedback

Jul 25, 2014
Hey!

First post here so I tried to read through the suggestions for anything along these lines but I may have missed something. As the title says I would like to see some redstone control for the oxygen sealer and redstone feedback in an effort to fully automate airlocks.

Right now I can control two airlocks to cycle with the output of the oxygen detector but what I would like to do is make this process a little easier. As it stands now when entering an airlock the player needs to toggle (or step on) a switch to close the external airlock, turn on the oxygen sealer and wait for the door to open.

This process could be fully automated where the player heads into the air lock presses a button (or steps on a plate) which sends a redstone signal to the airlock. When the airlock is closed it sends a signal out which can be connected to the oxygen sealer. The oxygen sealer then triggers the oxygen detector which sends a redstone signal to open the inner airlock.

The other area airlocks are difficult to use is when handling multiple redstone signals. Right now because we have so many people in our station I have one detector on either side of an airlock which could seal off a section of hall in the station. The way this is setup is both oxygen detectors are connected to a redstone AND gate so that if either is not emitting a redstone signal the AND gate will not send a redstone signal to the airlock. Between the AND gate and the airlock I have an OR gate which one input is connected to the AND gate and the other to a switch (lever, button, plate etc) with the output to the airlock controller. This allows the airlock to shut by either oxygen detector or by a player hitting a switch. Perhaps a redstone input block for the airlock frame which could handle the input in a similar method as the controller would allow me to build the same configuration but with far less blocks required.

Sorry I haven't looked at the git yet, mainly because I hate java so the currently implementation of airlock design may not allow for this type of functionality.

Reactions: Buzzrocket

Buzzrocket

Jul 8, 2014
USA,NC
Sounds cool,but I don't work with redstone. You might be on to something. But I like I said I am not very familiar with restone. I would rather have it wireless and just have it send a single without restone,but I don't have lots of people on my Space station so I don't know. Like I said,it sounds cool but I did not understand 50% of what you explained. :D its not you its me.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Hey!

First post here so I tried to read through the suggestions for anything along these lines but I may have missed something. As the title says I would like to see some redstone control for the oxygen sealer and redstone feedback in an effort to fully automate airlocks...

I think this is a good idea. Although I personally don't need such an elaborate system (forever alone...) the whole concept sounds pretty cool and somewhat necessary if you are trying not to burn through excessive/unneeded amounts of oxygen and energy. Frankly I think it would be helpful to make other machines like the refinery redstone controlled as well.

Your system sounds pretty cool to be honest. I picture entire wings of your base switching to "sleep mode" with machines, lights, etc. shutting down when you leave that section and automatically booting up as soon as someone walks back in.

Jul 25, 2014
Your system sounds pretty cool to be honest. I picture entire wings of your base switching to "sleep mode" with machines, lights, etc. shutting down when you leave that section and automatically booting up as soon as someone walks back in.

The group of us are such big nerds that we actually used redstone pulses to make the lights flicker as you turn them on... I'll try to make a short video.