Refueling Ship on the moon?

27ace27

Dec 8, 2013
Hi All, I've been playing around with Tekkit and really looking forward to going to space. Unfortunately I now seem to be stranded on the moon as there seems to be no way to add fuel to a rocket without a fuel loader. Another problem I seem to be having is accumulation of empty fuel cells and parachests. Any ideas? Perhaps in the next update the ship's fuel level could be persistent and the rocket and launchpad placed directly in the inventory? Thus eliminating the need for dropping fuel cells. Or one could just have the same rocket land without need for a launchpad.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Hi All, I've been playing around with Tekkit and really looking forward to going to space. Unfortunately I now seem to be stranded on the moon as there seems to be no way to add fuel to a rocket without a fuel loader. Another problem I seem to be having is accumulation of empty fuel cells and parachests. Any ideas? Perhaps in the next update the ship's fuel level could be persistent and the rocket and launchpad placed directly in the inventory? Thus eliminating the need for dropping fuel cells. Or one could just have the same rocket land without need for a launchpad.

Yeah, when you go to another planet, space station, etc. you need to have at least an empty canister. You can just take the fuel from the chest and place the canister in the rocket so you don't NEED a fuel loader. Just make sure you don't take it out after you take off.

27ace27

Dec 8, 2013
I have the partially filled fuel cells but cannot work out how to put it in the rocket. When I hit F to bring up the fuel GUI there is no slot for the fuel.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I have the partially filled fuel cells but cannot work out how to put it in the rocket. When I hit F to bring up the fuel GUI there is no slot for the fuel.

I messed around and it sure looks like you are right. There is no spot in the rocket to place the canister. Sorry for misleading you. I wonder if that was an option for older versions of the mod. So yes, a fuel loader is required to fuel a rocket. If you are stuck on the Moon, you can change a Config. option to have you respawn back on the Overworld instead if you don't already know. I had to do that because I forgot a canister and couldn't load fuel either. You will have to build another rocket though :(