Regarding one of the Yogscast's videos about Galacticraft

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
I'm not sure if everyone watched them, but during the Yogscast's video review about Galacticraft(both Moon and Mars), there were way more planets and moons to be acessed at the Planet Selection GUI, plus Mars' sky was red and Saturn appeared on it.

Can anyone explain how they got those features? Did they coded it in by themselves or it is part of a modpack?

Here's the video for those who haven't watched it:

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
Oh. Dangit, I really liked the red Mars sky and I thought that there was a modpack with the planets included(I expected them to be buggy, though).

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I'm not sure if everyone watched them, but during the Yogscast's video review about Galacticraft(both Moon and Mars), there were way more planets and moons to be acessed at the Planet Selection GUI, plus Mars' sky was red and Saturn appeared on it.

Can anyone explain how they got those features? Did they coded it in by themselves or it is part of a modpack?

Here's the video for those who haven't watched it:

i knida like the textures we are used right now..

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
i knida like the textures we are used right now..

I didn't said the older textures were better, just saying that this beta the Yogscast used seemed to have more interesting features. I don't like the Grass 'n' Dirt textures used at Mars and the Moon, but I liked the red sky.

hamzah

Jun 30, 2013
I don't get why there's no atmosphere on the new mars
Just Black sky & stars

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
I don't get why there's no atmosphere on the new mars
Just Black sky & stars

Agreed. It makes it look like Mars has eternal night, or that it is too far away from the Sun. Like some other user said, it's not Pluto, Mars has a day atmosphere just like Earth, except it's orange instead of blue.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I didn't said the older textures were better, just saying that this beta the Yogscast used seemed to have more interesting features. I don't like the Grass 'n' Dirt textures used at Mars and the Moon, but I liked the red sky.

yeah your right, it gives a more mars feeling.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
As far as I know, there never was any exclusive 'betas' or 'alphas' provided by micdoodle to Yogscast. It was actually just an assembly of the public source code, which houses a lot of early implementations of features that's even too unstable for a dev build (or atleast that's my guess).

Back then Mars did indeed feature an visible atmosphere. I'm not sure why this isn't the case right now, but perhaps it's actually caused by a technical issue (as opposed to deliberately removed)? I guess mic is the only one who knows. I also have a fancy of the terrain seen in the YogLabs video. It's quite reminiscent of one type of chaos terrain actually found on Mars.