Removing the "bubble'

Smiles

Nov 3, 2013
I work tech center for a living so first questions first:
1) Enable seal is selected?
2) Sealable blocks are used?
3) How did you get those all working? Are they all in separate rooms?
4) If using airlocks is there a small corridor between each room?

final thoughts: If there is a small corridor leave the door to the room being sealed open so the sealer accounts for it being opened when you enter or it may cause a crash. I haven't have much luck with sealers.

Hi there, thanks for the reply

1) Naturally :p
2)Indeed they are.
3)They are all set up so they get oxygen and energy from the same source and they are being used to supply one large room
4) there is a corridor in between the airlocks and one is open :)

Smiles

Nov 3, 2013
Here is a picture of the setup and the room
2013-11-06_20.11.40.png

as you can see, it's pretty big :p

Last edited:

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I used to have a small sealed "safe" room with an air lock within a large sealed room of my base with it's own air lock to the outside.

I could open the small room air lock all day long and both would stay sealed, but if I opened the exterior air lock of the main room the room would not seal again until I cycled the small room's air lock open and closed.

Don't know if it helps, but maybe try opening and closing EVERY air lock attached to the room that is not sealing.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
So they are all connected to the same network? I believe the wiki said they need to be on isolated systems(not sure why).

My very small systems would prove that false, but I don't know about large networks.

Last edited:

Clodiman

Oct 31, 2013
From looking at that room it looks like the it may be your sealers aren't covering the whole area. From my understanding (and if I am wrong correct me) sealers only cover a 10x10x10 area and dont extend beyond that

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I noticed all of you guys were talking about sealers etc. well today I found something really annoying =/

I mannaged to get enough oxygen and energy to supply 114! sealers...yeah 114! they all work fine together and I worked out that they are more than enough to supply the base I'm constructing, everything is correctly installed and they all have full oxygen and energy, but...they dont want to seal??

I've really tried everything and they just dont want to seal :(

any help would be much appreciated, I wouldnt want to go to bubbles :p
Some blocks aren't sealable. For pipes connected and used as walls make them sealable pipes or wires. I usually used tin decoration for building, it is a good seal.

Clodiman

Oct 31, 2013
So the newest GC is allowing me to use sealers without crashing. :D However I cannot seem to get a large room to seal even with sealers spread out to cover a 9x9x6 area each. I may have to test and see how big of a room I can get to seal.