Renewable Dungeons

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
I would like to have renewable dungeons everywhere, where GC dungeon boss spawns. I mean - After I kill him, it won´t spawn once again now. This is good for singleplayer, but not good for multiplayer servers. So I would like to suggest this.
Everytime somebody enters boss room (and nobody is in it yet), the boss spawns. If one leaves, the boss despawns as usual. If the boss is killed, The chest is Generated in the room with loot, being able to open it with a key. But after player leaves the room, the boss can be spawned again and another player can get loot.

I suggest this because on servers you cannot usually have infinite sizes of map, so only really few dungeons can be spawned. Also plans for rockets etc. cannot be gained any other way, so it is really problem in multiplayer.

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well, farm or not a farm - that depends on "How easy is to kill the boss"
Problem is, that every player needs to get schematics. They are one use. So I need to provide at least one dungeon boss to every player. If I have 20+ players, it is going to be a problem. I can do something with command blocks, but come on. Something like this should be covered by mod itself. There is no limit to Wither boss or so.....(only for dragon, but hey, the portal after death is also for everybody, not only for the first player)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@Hanakocz when I was server admin on a Galacticraft server with 35,000 players, I don't remember this being a problem. Where do you have your world border set on the Overworld? Normally a player takes a rocket from his own base, which will bring him to the same coordinates on the Moon (or Mars). It means if his Overworld base is a few thousand blocks out from spawn, then his landing spot on the Moon will also be a few thousand blocks out so there will be plenty of 'fresh' dungeons around him.

Obviously noobs who like to build 100 blocks from spawn might have trouble finding a fresh dungeon on the Moon, for the same reasons they will have trouble finding sugarcane, sheep, cows, or whatever other resources near their base which other people took already on the Overworld. But I see that as their problem for being noobs...

Reactions: Vigilantecow

Hanakocz

Dec 14, 2013
Well, I have my borders around 2,5K from spawn, because I have limited space on server disk (10GB for now and probably forever). For now I have the world + nether + end and it takes 5gb+ , so I am not really into big maps...
I can probably do my "commandblock dungeon" again, but it is really hard work , when I take that I will have to do it for every tier of dungeon (which more and more will probably get added in future....)