resources on Earth

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
I have a question.. I have an existing world that my kids and I wanted to use with this mod. (We are running 1.6.2 and the latest galcra from here, map was made with 1.6.2).

Everything installed great, no problems during the install process, all went fine.

Playing the game, however, left us with an issue.

Does it matter whether you run the server the 1st time (when it creates the map/world) or not, in regard to resources being available?

The problem we have is there are no "custom resources" on Earth (Overworld as you and MC refer to it lol) at all.. My fear/concern/question is will the Galacticraft mod add the necessary resources to map that is not "new" or "newly generated"? The moon DOES have resources (so my kids inform me, I've just been busy building a moon base there, rofl).

This became obvious (and a notable bug if new servers behave just as my "imported" map) when trying to gather up all the parts to build the equipment to get to the moon. It was impossible, and I ended up having to 'cheat' aka entering creative mode to drop the stuff we couldn't make. I did read several posts both here and the MC forums where several people indicate the resources (stuff like the oil pools for fuel, tin, steel, copper) they claimed were just as common as iron, maybe even coal. In desperation I even spawned in the goggles (after reading what they did) and used them to speed up the searching process.. Not a single resource that was supposed to be added was in the game, again, on Earth.

Is this an issue? Is there any way to get the necessary resources to spawn on Overworld?

Thanks for your time, and aside of the small issue, an extremely awesome mod!

exit151

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Well, it depends of how big you'r map was before installing Galacticraft. Minecraft map is generating endlessly. Only few chunks around player are generated.
Because of this mechanic, you WONT find any Galacticraft resources in chunks you discovered, you will have to go further into map to find some.
It's because these ores are generated like other ores, right when whole chunk is generated. When chunk is generated, world generator isnt messing with it anymore.
Homever, your new chunks WILL be generated with Galacticraft ores.

@Edit
If you'r map is insanelly big, there's option to copy all your buildings to new map using Mc Edit program.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Cool, and thanks for the quick reply! The 'traveled' over territory is... ...well, lol not the biggest, but not tiny either.. Time to debate transplanting to a 'new' map and try my luck at copying the built up portion or just look elsewhere for the materials on unexplored areas.. That's good to know, and ultimately either way will work in the end ;)

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Well, if you will provde me with you'r world folder, i can copy all you'r buildings to new map. Homever tell me, if you have any hidden things, like anti-nuclear shelter somewhere near bedrock :D