Rewenable oil

Should this be added?

• Total voters

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
What do you think I've been trying to do for months now? Every fucking time I post something, I've got wolfboy or someone from his little fan club on my ass. Every thread devolves into spam because a lot of the same people. Then you've got wolfboy constantly playing the victim just like he did on the ftl forums, and throwing my name around like an insult just because a few of his ideas were bad ones. Instead of letting it go like a mature person, which he claims to be, he just replies to every one of my posts about how I'm a hater or throwing my name around like it's an insult.

I've probably disliked an idea from everyone on the forums, but I'm still able to have intelligent mature conversations with each and every one of you. Except Wolfboy. Why is that? Why are there TWO forums that have had issues with Wolfboy in the center of it, yet he claims I'm the problem? I'm tired of the children on these forums.

Wolfboy, If you really did read that post from the other forms and really did learn, then why haven't you changed your obviously problematic behavior?
When you were talking about spam...
This is spamming on an unrelated thread...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
That's true but please make your own thread...
Dex Luther VS wolfboyft...
My point was it doesn't matter. I'm not going to stop discussing ideas and saying what I think. So it's up to wolfboy and gang to grow up. Just because I dislike an idea doesn't make me hostile or a hater. Especially since I always give reasoning as to why I don't like it. If someone thinks I'm wrong, they are always free to offer a counter argument or come up with alternate ideas. That's what these forums are for. I'm sure Mitch would rather read 6 pages of people discussing an idea, which means that at the end the idea is a lot more fleshed out and detailed, than have some basic idea posted and a bunch of people going "I support this idea". There's always room to make even good ideas even better. The more an idea is discussed the more time Mitch can spend actually implementing it rather than think of missing details or plugging holes people hadn't mentioned.

Kinda like that I have to do at work. Not only do I have to tell the devs what the problem is, I have to tell them how to get to it. The more detailed the reproductions steps I give, the more time the devs can spend actually fixing it and other issues.

Just because I dislike or post an issue I see with an idea doesn't mean it won't be implemented. It just gives Mitch more feedback about it or makes him aware of potential issues that might come up after it's implemented. That extra feedback gives him more information to let him assess whether it's worth devoting time to implementing the idea or not. Better he get both positive and negative feedback about an idea first, rather than potentially waste time implementing something that only the suggester and 3 other people like (and that the rest of the player base might hate).

There's no Dex Luther vs Wolfboy, which is something he doesn't seem to understand. I've never been against anyone. There's only Wolfboy vs anybody that doesn't like one of his ideas.

Reactions: obsidianpower790

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
My point was it doesn't matter. I'm not going to stop discussing ideas and saying what I think. So it's up to wolfboy and gang to grow up. Just because I dislike an idea doesn't make me hostile or a hater. Especially since I always give reasoning as to why I don't like it. If someone thinks I'm wrong, they are always free to offer a counter argument or come up with alternate ideas. That's what these forums are for. I'm sure Mitch would rather read 6 pages of people discussing an idea, which means that at the end the idea is a lot more fleshed out and detailed, than have some basic idea posted and a bunch of people going "I support this idea". There's always room to make even good ideas even better. The more an idea is discussed the more time Mitch can spend actually implementing it rather than think of missing details or plugging holes people hadn't mentioned.

Kinda like that I have to do at work. Not only do I have to tell the devs what the problem is, I have to tell them how to get to it. The more detailed the reproductions steps I give, the more time the devs can spend actually fixing it and other issues.

Just because I dislike or post an issue I see with an idea doesn't mean it won't be implemented. It just gives Mitch more feedback about it or makes him aware of potential issues that might come up after it's implemented. That extra feedback gives him more information to let him assess whether it's worth devoting time to implementing the idea or not. Better he get both positive and negative feedback about an idea first, rather than potentially waste time implementing something that only the suggester and 3 other people like (and that the rest of the player base might hate).

There's no Dex Luther vs Wolfboy, which is something he doesn't seem to understand. I've never been against anyone. There's only Wolfboy vs anybody that doesn't like one of his ideas.
Yea, yeah...
But it is getting slowly into a fight...
And i like to not get any unrelated messages on my thread...

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Electric rockets is the dumbest thing ive heard yet sorry to be real but you cant shoot electricity out a rocket engine. and infinite oil is too op you need to "adventure" to get more

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Electric rockets is the dumbest thing ive heard yet sorry to be real but you cant shoot electricity out a rocket engine. and infinite oil is too op you need to "adventure" to get more
I was quite surprised to find this out (I had to look it up to believe it), but apparently electric propulsion does exist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrically_powered_spacecraft_propulsion

The "infinite" oil being too op wouldn't really be op in my opinion. Like I said before you'll need the emeralds to trade for the oil so you will have to be adventuring anyway (you run out of oil, you decide to just buy it from a villager until you're out of emeralds, now you still have to go look for either oil or emeralds). It's not like you'll just be going to a villager as your main source of oil, but rather it can be used as a last ditch effort, or at least as an alternative to just get a couple canisters quickly instead of setting up a pump system or making several very long trips after you've depleted your local supply.

Reactions: AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Just saying to get fuel form a villager that also sells redstone out of nothing...
In two words: Minecraft Logic.

Reactions: Douglas_Fresh

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I was quite surprised to find this out (I had to look it up to believe it), but apparently electric propulsion does exist:

The "infinite" oil being too op wouldn't really be op in my opinion. Like I said before you'll need the emeralds to trade for the oil so you will have to be adventuring anyway (you run out of oil, you decide to just buy it from a villager until you're out of emeralds, now you still have to go look for either oil or emeralds). It's not like you'll just be going to a villager as your main source of oil, but rather it can be used as a last ditch effort, or at least as an alternative to just get a couple canisters quickly instead of setting up a pump system or making several very long trips after you've depleted your local supply.
True, ion propulsion is pretty slow, but efficient...
In KerbalSpaceProgram, it's just slow...

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013

Apparently the most sci-fi engine name ever...
Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
I'm pretty much surprised to see so many people disliking my idea of infinite fuel...
Do you guys even want to get infinite trips to the moon?

It's Minecraft, right?

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
True, ion propulsion is pretty slow, but efficient...
In KerbalSpaceProgram, it's just slow...

The funny thing is the ion thruster in KSP is actually much more powerful than its real-life counterpart.

I'm pretty much surprised to see so many people disliking my idea of infinite fuel...
Do you guys even want to get infinite trips to the moon?

It's Minecraft, right?

Personally, I think the topic title is in itself misleading because fuel is in a sense already infinite. It's more about being able to trade fuel from villager as an alternative source of fuel. Otherwise it was also suggested hydrogen could be an alternate type of rocket fuel, meaning all you'd need to produce it is water and an electrolytic separator.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
The funny thing is the ion thruster in KSP is actually much more powerful than its real-life counterpart.

Personally, I think the topic title is in itself misleading because fuel is in a sense already infinite. It's more about being able to trade fuel from villager as an alternative source of fuel. Otherwise it was also suggested hydrogen could be an alternate type of rocket fuel, meaning all you'd need to produce it is water and an electrolytic separator.
Wait, what?
Is the real-life Hall engine slower?
Holy fuck, imagine that engine on your rocket while on a trip to the moon...

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Wait, what?
Is the real-life Hall engine slower?
Holy fuck, imagine that engine on your rocket while on a trip to the moon...
Well apparently they aren't terribly powerful so escaping a celestial body's gravitational pull may be difficult (perhaps not possible), but I read that they are very efficient and can therefor operate for extended periods of time meaning they can continually accelerate for a longer duration allowing for a faster top speed. It's just that getting to that speed takes longer...at least that's how I understand it.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Well apparently they aren't terribly powerful so escaping a celestial body's gravitational pull may be difficult (perhaps not possible), but I read that they are very efficient and can therefor operate for extended periods of time meaning they can continually accelerate for a longer duration allowing for a faster top speed. It's just that getting to that speed takes longer...at least that's how I understand it.
Sounds good to me, but why not STRAP LIKE 50,000 HALL ENGINES ON IT?!

NXTerminator

Feb 4, 2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHH WTF THIS IS TRULY THE WORST IDEA EVER! ejdvhsn

:oops:

But seriously. That poll is idiotic, seriously idiotic. So is the fact that you assume that we all want to make oil come out of nowhere for a couple of emeralds just because you can make an Iron Golem using MAGIC. And anyway, even magic is not an excuse. It's cheaty anyway.

:)

We use carbon capture! We simply catch our exhaust and put it underground to turn back into oil! After millions of years... and also, that's still finite.

:mad:Ican'thelpitbutjustbereallyangryatyouforthatstupidflippingpoll!:mad:

Well, MineFactory Reloaded adds an oil fabricator that produces BuildCraft oil for the same amount of energy that its fuel burns for in a combustion engine, and BuildCraft fuel is compatible with GC rockets