Rocket factory questions and a search for ideas

eviltane

Aug 24, 2016
Hey all. I am playing galacticraft through Bevos Tech Pack.

I am currently working on building an automated Rocket factory. Or at least seeing how far I can push towards full Automation. So far I have fully automated

Compressed Steel
Compressed Bronze
Compressed Aluminium

The Simple Wafers
The Adwanced Wafers

Now I am somewhat stuck at Heavy Duty plating. Basically The issue is the requirement for the plates to be arranged in 2 rows inside the compressor.
Say I want to make 10 heavy duty plates. That would mean a row of 10x Steel 10x Alu 10x Bronze and another row of the same arrangement. Now I can use Applied Energistics to feed the compressors from the back. When making the Applied Energistics pattern I can arrange the items in the propper order. When running the crafting pattern AE only enters the items as 20xSteel 20xAlu 20x Bronze and no plates are made.

Currently I see only 3 possible solutions to this problem.

1.Item Shifter from Factorization is rumored to enter items in certain slots. will finish making this tonight.
2. Try to use the old Galacticraft 1 Thermal Expansion recipee and see if it works.
3. Run only full 128 plate orders so that AE fully fills up slots before moving to the next one.

If anyone else has any ideas Please let me know.

eviltane

Aug 24, 2016
OK So I managed to automate Heavy Duty plates last night.Using a combination of mods. Applied Energistics interface to the back in order to feed in Row 1 of materials and so I can just order a specific number of items. Then Power from the left (when Looking at the front of the machine). Item Conduit from underneath to empty out finished product. Then Front top and right side get Item Shifters from Factorization. They are able to feed in a specific item at a time to a specific slot. So the 3 Item Shifters feed in the second row of Items. The shifters run on a clock.

I still need to refine things a little bit to reduce amount of spare compressed metals I need sitting around using level emmiters.

The 2 drawbacks to this method are :
1. Applied Energistics Patterns only accounts for half the material needed to make Heavy Duty Plate 1.
2 Somewhat complicated setup.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
That reminds me of the time when I tried automating things like potion brewing or AE2 inscribing. Basically I had a chest which served as the reciever for the crafting ingredients, and then a network of item pipes of any complexity to actually get the sh*t done. For HD-plates you would need some sort of an even-splitter, something which takes a stack from an inventory, divides it in two, and sends the halves into different destinations. I *think* I have seen a pipe system which would pull one item at a time, and then push it alternating in two target inventories.

Also you would need to set the ME interface to that option where it does not put in new ingredients until the current job is finished, otherwise you might end up with a blocked compressor.

So what I mean is: you have a chest with your compressor-interface, when you attempt to craft an HD plate AE deposits the 6 compressed ingots into the chest, and then your pipe logic distributes it to your shifters.

Another useful thing would be something like the Transvector Interface from Thaumic Tinkerer, because you might run out of block sides. Google says that RemoteIO does the same thing, only better. Which is good, I consider TT to be somewhat cheaty.

eviltane

Aug 24, 2016
Oh wow thanks for the tips.
Also you would need to set the ME interface to that option where it does not put in new ingredients until the current job is finished, otherwise you might end up with a blocked compressor.

That is very interesting I have not done complete runs yet was still tinkering with getting optimal machine setup for space reasons. But I will definitely make sure to find that option.
Also Remote IO seems to be the way to go If I want to auto manufacture the rockets themselfs and feed the Nasa Workbench. I will be bugging my buddy now to add that mod to the server.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
I think it was called "blocking mode" or something. I haven't actually played minecraft for quite a while now...

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Also Remote IO seems to be the way to go If I want to auto manufacture the rockets themselfs and feed the Nasa Workbench. I will be bugging my buddy now to add that mod to the server.
Um, you most certainly will not be able to automate the NASA workbench. It's not really a machine or a container for that matter, it can't even hold items. Unless someone here made a mod which adds another version of the nasa workbench, you will have to do the last step manually.