Rocket smashed into the ground

Perceptus

Aug 2, 2015
I had a fully fueled tier1 rocket and it smashed into the ground on my 4th trip to the overworld. Is this by design?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Hi,

I had a fully fueled tier1 rocket and it smashed into the ground on my 4th trip to the overworld. Is this by design?
Could you please give more details on the context?

Say, you were traveling from the Moon (or other dimension) to the Overworld, and if you had set up launch controllers on both origin and destination, and if the rocket trashed while doing the decent process.

Perceptus

Aug 2, 2015
I was traveling from the moon. I had previously made several trips from the Overworld to the moon successfully. Fueling up the rocket fully each time. I had set up to launch off the moon, I got about half way up on the meter for distance from the moon. Suddenly It started falling back down straight into where my launch pad was. there was a large explosion, i died.

I am pretty sure i had my hands off the keyboard as i flew, i haven't tried pressing shift while the rocket is in motion.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Could i have been hit by a meteor?
That would be a very very very bad luck. Moreover, rockets smashing into the ground for no reason is not supposed to happen.

What is "by design" is this: the rocket needs to have enough fuel to travel the whole distance. Traveling with less than 60% full tank is quite risky. If the rocket happens to run out of fuel during the ascent or descent procedure, it will certainly fall and crash.

Just to be sure: that happened when you were ascending in the Moon dimension with the rocket?

Perceptus

Aug 2, 2015
GalacticraftCore-1.7-3.0.9.297
and
Galacticraft-Planets-1.7-3.0.9.297
No, i wasn't use a controller. dont even know what that is lol.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com