Rovers, cameras, vehicles, and more

Dec 26, 2014
Hello, I personally love astronomy and minecraft so it's obvious that Galacticraft is my favorite mod and I've been playing it since early Galacticraft 2. I've had these ideas in my head for a while and I did not see anyone els with them (sorry if these were already posted)

Idea 1: Rovers

I've wanted these since cargo rockets; a way to launch a rover into space on either a cargo rocket or a different rocket. There will be a way to land it and controller the rover on a screen monitor or some new device. These Rovers will be deactivated (uncontrollable) if either deactivated manually or after some time of not using it. Active rovers will load the chunks around it, as would a player. The active and the deactivated process is used to prevent players using them as chunk loaders. These rover blueprints will be found in all non-earth dungeons.

Idea 2: cameras

It's quite annoying when your team will only have enough material for one rocket, then only one person gets to have fun but I have an idea! Cameras implemented into rockets much like the rovers. You can go two ways with this one: be able to see the person's screen if they are in the rocket or have the camera on the rocket, which will be much cooler. The camera(s) on the rocket could be viewed through a display screen and a frequency module and will use the same activation and deactivation sequence as the Rovers. Maybe a camera block could be implemented aswell? This and the Rovers can inspire people to make a mission controll center.

Idea 3: vehicles

Now, the moon buggies are cool, but we need something cooler, buggies with passenger seats! Now, I have a few ideas how you can do this, one way is to, when crafting the buggy, you can put seats in the slots were the cargo is usually put so you can have combinations such as 3 seats and no cargo or 1 seat and 2 cargo, etc. Another way to go about this is just to have different buggies for different purposes. Another thing I've always wanted was a larger rocket building process, where it shows a hologram of what goes where and you place it down, and lie the rocket onto a platform to be moved by a truck to the launch bay. Sounds crazy but think about it. Maybe even an optional multiple manned rocket

Idea 4: aesthetics and crafting
  1. More decorational blocks
  2. Ease the crafting of tin decoration blocks (get more blocks per crafted)
  3. Ease crafting of walkways (made of only earth material Please)
  4. Ease crafting of display screens (too many diamonds required)
  5. Slightly ease crafting of frequency modules (we need way more now)
  6. Increase cost of tier one rockets
  7. Make all movements compatible with modular powersuites if possible (it's actually probably a problem they could only solve) but I don't know for sure
  8. REALLY ease crafting on tinted glass, or add a cheaper version
  9. You can see the earth from mars, but not vise versa? Make a red star at least
  10. Everyone wants mars' two moons, and even if you add them it will take some time, but at least make them visible from mars!
  11. More lighting! Arc lamps are amazing we need more! Maybe a tin decoration block lamp?
  12. This doesn't really fit in this category but I'm too lazy to right another, make meteorites land EXTREMELY rarely and have either asteroid ore, moon ore, or mars ore.
And last but not least, comets, which explains itself.

This post took me a VERY VERY long time to compile so thanks for reading it and I hope you take this into consideration! Thanks

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
I may not be a modder but these ideas would br awesome, trust me, but EXTREMELY hard to code. You jave to be aware of what Mr. Micdoodle has to do, such as bug fixes, stufg from normal ubdates, and like over 9000 other things. But the Rover idea is really cool. The anti-chunk loading idea is good, but the auto disable thing is a little harsh. The cargo rocket idea is good, plus since the rocket's already been made, the eover and possibly be implemented a little more easily. Anyways GREAT idea.