Satellites

KittyCat11231

Nov 29, 2013
In a dungeon chest for one of the dungeons should be a schematic for a satellite. Satellites would be put into orbit from a space station, and could have various uses based on the overworld, possibly allowing use by other technic mods such as ComputerCraft. An overworld GPS system could be created, which would require a satellite to be in orbit.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
*deleted post*

Fair enough. Not trying to sound rude, but you just might want to explain that instead of shooting down an idea without a reason why.

I agree about the Computer Craft argument. I have no idea how to write code so I don't use it.

Although there appears to be no current uses for satellites, they probably wouldn't be that hard to create.

Perhaps a much larger map could be made without having to travel and make multiple Vanilla maps. Possibly to scan for concentrations of ores. Those might not be great examples, but satellites could become useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ulv77

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com

Flashy-3

Aug 10, 2013
Rochester, New York
Well, with a satellite, you could be able to use it as an ODIN satellite from Cod Ghosts, and launch down orbital strikes, Either way it would just look cool, you could also see yours in the sky

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
i dident even swear this time so your point make no sense and i dont care about your pm im a better person now.

Doesn't matter what you did this time. You were banned for a reason, and you create new accounts to evade the ban. Each new account gets banned again, but you still don't get the message.

But whatever. Only a matter of time before we see "alexljn5thefourth".

Last edited:

Ethanavery1

Feb 21, 2014
I was thinking about this mod yesterday and i thought it would be really cool if u could make a satellite that you could launch into space. This would be very cool especially if you could take pictures of things on earth and the moon with it. Maybe there could also be other uses for it, but i thought my idea had to get out there.

Reactions: wolfboyft

Drovosek

Feb 24, 2014
Space Satellite / Искусственные спутники
Russian language, original / на русском, оригинал
Искусственные спутники:
Идея заключается она в том, чтобы сделать ИССКУСТВЕННЫЕ СПУТНИКИ, которые конечно же будут дороги в создании. Их функции:
-когда мы их запустили на орбиту, они летают летают... а потом на специальное устроийство в самой игре передают нам разную полезную информацию... Например координаты расположения деревень с жителями, ценных руд или спавнеров мобов,
-особенно полезно если он будет отслеживать входы в подземелья на других планетах, потому что их не так легко найти =(
-поиск нужных биомов и передача координат нахождения этих биомов
2) так же круто было бы если бы после запуска спутника можно было сделать специальный стол, на котором можно было бы приблизить любой участок земли и рассмотреть его, как google map =) (но это наверное невозможно, потому что данная штуковина будет требовать мощного компьютера, я так думаю)

English language / на английском (google translated):
Artificial Satellites:
The idea is it to make a semi-satellite, which of course will be expensive in the making. Their functions are:
-When we launched them into orbit, they fly fly ... and then on special ustroiystvo in the game pass us some useful information ... For example location coordinates villages with residents of ores or spawner mobs
-Especially useful if it will monitor the entrances to dungeons on other planets, because they are not easy to find = (
-Search for relevant biomes and transfer coordinate finding these biomes
2) as cool it would be if after Sputnik could make a special table, which could bring any piece of land and to consider it as a google map =) (but it's probably not possible, because this contraption will require a powerful computer I think so)

Пример спутников / example Space Satellite:
http://www.motto.net.ua/pic/201307/2560x1440/motto.net.ua-55075.jpg
http://glonass45.ru/wp-content/gallery/posts/kosmos1.jpg
http://sat-novosti.ucoz.ru/novosti/sput_novosti.jpg

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
I would personally LOVE to launch a satellite that can link to a display screen to give a picture of a certain area of the planet it orbits. Like, instead of an image of the area you launched from, you can select an area to monitor. This could be especially usefull in servers, like Iif you want to spy on someone. Anywho ... I sure hope this is implemented.

Chronos7

May 13, 2015
This is the #1 thing I would like to see added to GalactiCraft.

Idea: You can make a satellite that is sent into any planets orbit. The you get an anmination showing the satellite unfolding. Once it is working and powered (through a tesseract or battery) You can zoom in on that planet or zone and watch.

Steps to put Satellite in orbit:

1: U make a special launch pad that's 3 x 3 x 3.

2: U make the actual satellite using a schematic found on Earth.

3: When crafting it in the NASA Workbench you need to use a tesseract or a battery.

3/2: If you use a battery then when the satellite is runing low on power it auto comes down to earth and recharges. (If the special launch pad has working power connected to it) Then it is sent back to that planets/zone's orbit.

Optional Features:

1: The satellite dose not need to come back to earth to go to a different planet/zone. This way takes a shorter amount of time but uses more energy.

2: The satellite can zome in on a specific set of cords.

3: If set on record mode it can record what is is viewing.

4: When in record more you can set a path for it go through so it is not stuck recording 1 spot.

5: The satellite has a space cannon. (jk)

6: The satellite requires maintenance. (You tell the satellite to come down and u fix things on it)

7: The are asteroids passing near the satellite and there's a 1:10 chance they can hit the satellite and cause damage.

8: You can attach a gravity generator to the satellite so it pulls asteroids to it and then collects them in a storage unit.

9: You attach a force field to the satellite so asteroids cannot hit it. (Very Expensive)

10: You can send a probe to somebody's satellite and mess with it.

Jecowa

May 10, 2015
Having a surveillance satellite sounds cool, but it also sounds very difficult to implement. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to allow the player to remotely view other dimensions.