Satellites

Mar 8, 2015
Having a surveillance satellite sounds cool, but it also sounds very difficult to implement. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to allow the player to remotely view other dimensions.
I agree with Jecowa something simple would be better so the coders and modderd won't be pressured enough but any way great idea

Chronos7

May 13, 2015
I know it would be hard to add into the game but something simular like it. Like for v 1 u can just out it into orbit and it will collect rocks. For v 2 you can add a cannon or something.

Chronos7

May 13, 2015
True

I've been making an Asteroid base in creative and just been thinking about all these.... It would be hard but then again the Satellite dose not have to be able to see into other Dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow79473

Apr 20, 2014
How about:
Satellites are customizable, you could choose different modules to put into the satellite, say instead of just a normal battery, you could put solar panels instead.
Or if you want to scan biomes put a biome scanner on making a map of the biomes around you
Or a general map scanner that makes a map. scanning should take time to complete. There could be a menu to control the satellite, tell it to start scanning, or bring it back down, also providing info like fuel left and energy. If power runs out (aka you put only batteries or a solar panel fails) you lose connection and cant control it.

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
The satellite could be used for information transfer over long distances? And maybe a expensive satellite could be made with solar panels and beam power back to earth? That would be kinda cool

May 26, 2015
I thought of something...a gravitational device that can manipulate gravity in a closed area (just like the air sealer but with gravity) you import power,and in the interface slot in the center... a graviton crystal (ore found on mars, must be smelted in ELETRICAL furnace) (also when holding graviton crystal, mobs are attracted to you)

i came up with the idea because i keep hitting my heat in my satellite station :(

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2015
I thought of something...a gravitational device that can manipulate gravity in a closed area (just like the air sealer but with gravity) you import power,and in the interface slot in the center... a graviton crystal (ore found on mars, must be smelted in ELETRICAL furnace) (also when holding graviton crystal, mobs are attracted to you)

i came up with the idea because i keep hitting my heat in my mars station :(
How about a gravity generator to create gravity

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Back to satellites...

CF6HXW6UgAAT2Go.png:large

http://twitter.com/Drullkus/status/603068236079374336

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
I was thinking of a centrifugal device that uses centrifugal forces to keep you grounded

Also, DEATH RAY SATELLITE BEST IDEA EVER!!! (Or it could just be used to transmit solar energy from space to earth)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 18, 2018
i honestly think it could finnaly be a use for the communications dish, by using it to communicate with things along with what you can put on sattelites. for example, in advanced rocketry you can put mining lasers and rail cannons on satellites. this would be a good idea. you can alos use it to view areas of the world from below, making them useful in multiplayer to spy on enemy bases. and putng one in orbit could take a special rocket that would need a new special controller. mabye someone could make a addon for this.

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
Satellites could be a requirement for inter-dimansional communication and transport. E.g. given an API, enderio could disable the dimensional transposer between moon and overworld unless you have sattelites on overworld and at least a dish on the moon or unless it's day on overworld and you have a dish on both sides (line of sight).

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
wow, thats really intresting. whats the name of the enderio api tthat does that?
It's an idea yet to be implemented, and I'd rather think these mods would need to tap into a galacticraft API - or there would be a need of a more general API.

You'd need a function to tell you: dimension x can send to dimension y for user u, communication type {chat, item, energy, fluid, data(opencomputers), …}, and the result may be cached for z ticks (e.g. if you call it one tick before the moon sets, you the result may be used for one tick). Also you'd need a way to hook into that function, GC would use that and check for constellations.

Apr 18, 2018
It's an idea yet to be implemented, and I'd rather think these mods would need to tap into a galacticraft API - or there would be a need of a more general API.

You'd need a function to tell you: dimension x can send to dimension y for user u, communication type {chat, item, energy, fluid, data(opencomputers), …}, and the result may be cached for z ticks (e.g. if you call it one tick before the moon sets, you the result may be used for one tick). Also you'd need a way to hook into that function, GC would use that and check for constellations.

mabye you could use this in planet progresion as a need for those satellites. or mabye use these with a telementery unit and a satelite for wireless transfer of anything but it would cost some energy.