server console/game command to....

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Remove/permanently delete a user-created space station.

I fall into the group, as it turns out that cannot access (or even see) my space station because my account has capitol letters in it. (See my post in the support category/others posts in the bugs category). I tried to sift through server files searching for where it stores space station names etc (found a space_stations_2 file in the world folder, but it's not editor friendly, and had no trace of my name visible using notepad++) but other that the file just mentioned, there is nothing I could find/edit. Was going to try and switch my capitolized letters to lowercase to see if it would work.. Regardless..

When a fix is available, most likely people like me will still need to have our stations removed and re-purchased. Additionally if, as an admin, there is some reason where an admin would want to remove a players space station, currently there is no way.

Something like /ssdelete <username> (deletes <username>'s space station..
This possibly could even go in conjunction with an actual way to edit a config file or something to manually do it (useful if a player renamed their space station to something inappropriate)..

Karazanik

Aug 28, 2013
Im sure,that if bug will be removed, and you will update to new build, you wont have to re-make space station. And, because you have capital letters in name, others shouldn't be able to make space station too?
If you would had bug with Galacticraft (for example - you cant play because of this letter) Everyone else would had to stop playing it too?

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Yeah, that part is just for now.. The rest still stands though. Example:

In "regular" minecraft (no GC mod), if someone builds a sign or something that is offensive (or an object) an admin can delete it. If someone names a space station with something offensive, an admin currently has no course of action to do anything about it. Would be nice if there was either a file that could be edited, or a command that could be used in-game to edit the name, or remove the station completely, should it be necessary.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
The Space stations seem to work like Mystcraft ages. If you want to delete one, you delete the folder. In creative mode brecking that big blue block you spawn on seems to get rid of the station too. That doesn't help if you can't get back there though. The folder is really the only option you have.

jasonB221

Jul 27, 2013
Lost in Space
There is a way to currently change the name of a space station, which involves editing the space station dimension level.dat using a special editor, known as a nbt editor (there are a few on minecraft forums) and changing something that looks like spaceStationName or ssName. It's an elaborate process that should be simplified via a command.