Shift should not automatically dismount when you are in a rocket launching to space

BBoldt

Mar 9, 2014
A player of my modpack was so excited to finally go to space, loaded up his rocket with lots of materials in the cargo bay to construct a moonbase, when he accidentally hit shift while up in the air in mid flight. His rocket flew away never to be seen again. He lost all his stuff, then just decided to stop playing.

Now tell me, if I was an astronaut in real life, and I was blasting off in a spaceship, would NASA allow me to simply hop out of the spaceship? No warning that that might be a bad idea? No little glass case locking up the flippin' eject button?

This needs to be changed.

Last edited:

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
True. Happened to me once, too. Since it's my own server, I cheated and gave me a new rocket, but it still sucks.

Or, maybe, make the rocket auto-land when the player exits it, or, even better, once the rocket is in mid-flight, shift should mean "cancel launch", aka, instead of dismounting, the rocket engines stop, and you just land.

Anyway, something needs to be done regarding orphaned rockets. What happens to them anyway, are they still stored somewhere?

BBoldt

Mar 9, 2014
I tested myself in singleplayer, they just disappear up at like y=1100. *poof*

Mar 8, 2015
Guys, I suggest you post this somewhere else, because this look like a bug or like a change, but anyway maybe someone could reply to you.