Silicon based life-forms in the astroids.

WCZealot

May 5, 2018
I was thinking about a sci-fi story about these "space-cowboys" in the astroid belt that farm these devonian-flat head fish-looking creatures for their skins which they use to make starship hulls and other stuff. I was reading through the galacticraft wiki and noticed that it said that energy is difficult to collect in the astroids dimension.

What if, there are these silicon based creatures that exist in the dimension and you can domesticate them as a way of transport and energy production (kinda like a hamster wheel deal).

If you dont know what a devonian flat head fish looks like, this is what they are. I definitely wouldn't want to catch one of these when I'm fishing :eek:. However what I'm thinking about for my idea is about three times long and 3-5 blocks thick.

Attachments

• 678827009.jpg
    678827009.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 3
Jun 17, 2017
I don't think a silicon-based lifeform is very plausible, because apparently silicon structures aren't very stable. Carbon is still way more versatile and could still be used to produce Alien-looking creatures

WCZealot

May 5, 2018
Hmm that may be true, but that's boring. And besides, this mod isn't supposed to be very realistic anyways. I don't think there are actual blue people on the moon, slime creatures on mars, or abandoned space ships/stations out in the astroids. Silicon based life in this mod would make it super unique as well. How often do we see non-carbon based life in a sci-fi story anyways?