Size based planets addon idea

InsanityPie

Jun 18, 2014
Im nowhere but also everywhere
I thought of something while watching a Pikmin lets play on youtube, why do we assume other planets will have local species, structures, or terrain that is around the same size as us? For all we know other planets could have species or other local features either bigger or smaller then humanity so I was thinking a cool addon for galacticraft would be something similar to Pikmin, where the player lands on a planet but the terrain, local species, and possible structures are massive in scale to the player or on the flip side the player is massive compared to the local area.

Would make for an interesting exploration/survival xD
Obviously the addon woudn't be a Pikmin clone since this is a galacticraft addon, not a Pikmin mod... although seeing massive ruins or ages past or hugh terrain after landing in your insect sized rocket would be interesting for atmosphere and hunkering down in a box, can, or other manufactured object that while normally smaller then you is the size of a building on the planet would be epic in my opinion.

Would be even better if the planet had all the resources for survival similar to the overworld, meaning players could start from scratch once landing if they wish(except for maybe a breathable atmosphere, the planet having too different an atmosphere to breath sounds interesting for survival, but woudn't make sense for a planetwith overworld resources). These resources could be local varients of the overworlds or just be 'larger' versions of the overworld ones such as bigger ore veins or larger trees. For terrain generation such an enlarged planet can be done by instead of one block on creation theres multiple generated in a standard block formation to create an 'enlarged' effect or just by using deformable multiblock structures or some sort... not sure if that's possible but best I could come up with on such short notice.
I made some examples of such an effect to show what this might look like using MCEdit and a enlarge filter script, it isn't perfect since it could use alot of refining but I gurantee someone else can make something better that works for an addon if they want:
http://i.imgur.com/5McKFIQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/O9hMc9k.png
http://i.imgur.com/VNOZiNi.png

This enlarge effect can allow players to essentially dig through 'blocks' of the planet for whatever reason, maybe an outpost in a peice of stone, a base in a tree, or some other purpose. The other way to gain the 'larger mobs or terrain' is by having the player and there rocket essentially 'shrink' in the addons code when going to the planet so that when they land they are bug size and everything has a giant look to it, this can save time and effort in the long run from not having to code an entire new terrain generator as well as giving possibility to gain a 'shrink potion or ray' later on since the shrink code is already in the addon.
There can even be special or unique features when shrunken as to navigate the giant planet while small, or a micro block like system to allow building bases or placing useful blocks like crafting tables or chests at your scale while on the planet.
Imagine landing and getting cornered into a box or some other area by one of the local creatures attacking you, then creating a small base using local resources on site to make the object into a small base until you can successfully leave the planet later. This is honestly my dream mod but I know it's only a pipe dream sadly...