Sleep in a bed when the room is sealed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cerebot, Jun 6, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Add this option.

33.3%
  2. Don't add this option.

66.7%
  1. Cerebot

Cerebot Member

I have a cool, but not so scientific idea. When you take a bed to space, it says you might die of oxygen loss. My suggestion is if you have some kind of Oxygen Sealer, or Oxygen Bubble Distributer, then you should be able to sleep with still a risk of oxygen loss. It would be one of those, "Do at your own risk" kind of things. It might not seem good, but:
    1. You'd sleep though a good chunk of time
    2. It would decrease the need for desh.
    3. It would be entirely the player's decision, and
    4. You wouldn't entirely die, because...
    You guys can also add a function to the oxygen mask so that it tells you when your oxygen is low, and you would be woken up when it is low, so that you would still have time to refill it... if you can. If you don't have the necessary materials yet, then don't sleep!

2. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

I don't really sleep in this game(other than to set my spawn), since there is nothing to gain from it. There are O2 sensors that I set up to start bubble gens from isolated O2 storage tanks. Plus there is now the Emergency Kits that give you an OBA(Oxygen Breathing Apparatus). I may agree with it for the moon, but is space in 0g you can't sleep on anything, every movement you make will send you flying off, and in low g same effect, which is why astronauts sleep strapped into their lauch seat, or special "sleeping bags". Not to mention the reason for automated systems and checklists for sleep time, Anoxia and Hypoxia will kill you, since both will lead to HAPE(High-altitude pulmonary edema). Anyway probably more than you want to hear...

3. Cerebot

Cerebot Member

Hey QuadShot,

Thanks for your reply. This idea was actually meant for the moon, because most of the time, moon nights are super long. Maybe they could add a new type of bed with steel, or something easy. But it could only be for moons or planets. Also thanks for the science lesson. Maybe you could check out my airlocks suggestion? Here's the link: https://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/airlocks.6897/