Small suggestions for the Astro Miner

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
- The wiki says not to report the bug that it gets stuck in unloaded chunks sometimes, but, if it does, could the Base still display the last known position so that you can go and pick it up?

- Could you add something to keep an astro miner in the dock? Like a "keep miner docked" checkbox in the base's gui or that the base prevents it from launching if it recieves a redstone signal?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
- The wiki says not to report the bug that it gets stuck in unloaded chunks sometimes, but, if it does, could the Base still display the last known position so that you can go and pick it up?
Yes.

- Could you add something to keep an astro miner in the dock? Like a "keep miner docked" checkbox in the base's gui or that the base prevents it from launching if it recieves a redstone signal?
I would prefer a "Launch" button. You click on it, the astro miner leaves the base and the button turns into "Dock" button. You click on the button again, the astro miner will come back and dock at/in the base.

dj3520

Aug 14, 2014
gcf.dj3520.net
I would prefer a "Launch" button. You click on it, the astro miner leaves the base and the button turns into "Dock" button. You click on the button again, the astro miner will come back and dock at/in the base.
Actually, how's this: A "Controlled via redstone" checkbox will override the current automatic repeating behavior. Pressing Launch will have it go out and mine until it fills up (as normal) or you press Dock or apply redstone. Then it comes back and stays until you press Launch or turn off the redstone.