So many bugs...

MrRokusho

Mar 8, 2014
Ok... so the bug report section had a bit of a strict layout, so I'm just going to post it here with additional images of the bugs and comments.

Minecraft Version = 1.6.4

Forge Version = 9.11.1.965

Galacticraft Version = 2.0.10.972

I honestly can't create anything galacticraft provides without a single thing bugging, there's just so many bugs, and i know there are a lot of people that would like to see new planets and stuff for this mod, but I think it would be a lot better if you would focus more on making the mod work as it should instead of further expanding it while it doesn't work properly yet.

1. The Sealer says "sealed" but oxygen setup is still invalid (taking damage in sealed area's)
28kqbfk.jpg

2e4kr4m.jpg

2. Oxygen pipes not conecting to each other randomly.
2gwhycg.jpg

3. One time I had an oxygen sealer toggling disabled/enabled/disabled/enabled/disabled/enabled every split second on itself.

4. Bad compatibility with muse's modular power suits (character jumping animations, armor clipping on the planets etc.)
sgrb5j.jpg

5. 3rd person view is broken after leaving the rocket (really zoomed out).
2wqes6u.jpg

6. When lifting off from the overworld into the space the overworld a black square covers the overworld when you look down.
wjytl.jpg

As for the moon and mars it just becomes a big black square without even the moon or mars showing underneath it:
2ec2m4w.jpg

7. when creating a space station and renaming it before having entered it for the first time makes the space station inaccessable not re-creatable and thus unable to use on that save file. (which kind of sucks on saves with lots of time on it as you can imagine)
25pigk0.jpg

EDIT: This one was actually my own stupidity, i suspected the rename button to pop-up a text input. And so I renamed it as blank, I think it would be best to edit that button so that it does pop-up a text input to avoid people getting this issue. Because as you can see in the picture, it's find the problem once you're space station is nameless.

8. Rocket size too small, player clipping with the rocket especially when wearing armors.
10nxpnl.jpg

9. Thing's you're holding in your hand clip through the rocket.
2zdtxc0.jpg

10. Mobs on Mars called "unnamed"
xdv051.jpg

11. The build number isn't included to the version number when looking at the mod list inside the minecraft client.
ibgehh.jpg

Do not get me wrong tho, I do think this mod is a wonderful idea and most of the work is already done nicely, however it contains too much bugs to enjoy it at its fullest right now.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2014
#4 isn't a Galacticraft issue either. Galacticraft actually slows down player animation in low gravity, but since the other mods don't know that, they don't change their animation.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi guys, I wasn't aware of this thread before Ezer'Arch linked to it today.

Would anybody have time to test 6 and 7 some more? If you're seeing them, please describe for me whether they are still bugs in the latest 1.6 build, and if so how often they happen and exactly how to reproduce them.

Apart from that, it seems like:
1.& 3. (Oxygen sealer) all sealer issues should be fixed in recent builds, please let me know right away if not
2. (Coloured oxygen pipes) feature not a bug, as Ezer'Arch and TheUnknownPlayer pointed out
4. (MMMPS limb positioning problem) is a reported issue on Github and tough to fix https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/321
5. (Zoomed out view) seems to me a feature not a bug
8. & 9. (Player + items/armor rendering/clipping while in rocket) referenced on Github https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/430 and I've promised to take a look at this in 1.7
10. (Unnamed slimelings) feature not a bug, as Narcogen pointed out

Last edited: