Solar Buggy Upgrade/Phobos & Deimos In Skybox of Mars

What do you want added?

• Solar Buggy Upgrades!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2014
Hello, I just have a few small additions that I think could add a bit to Galacticraft, neither are too big, but I think they could still improve the gameplay.

Buggy Upgrade: Solar

-A cartable upgrade to put on a buggy that allows it to run on solar power when the sun is visible, crafted from titanium and advanced solar panel(s)

Small Tweaks to Skybox on Mars

-Add Mars's two moons, Phobos & Deimos, to the sky of Mars, it could help the planet feel more alive. We've also never seen two moons in Minecraft before, so that'd be cool. Obviously, I'm not asking to make Phobos and Deimos accessible moons to visit, that would take a lot of time to code, but having them in the skybox would still make them feel relevant, and maybe in the far future, they can be added as a new moon we will have access to.

Dec 26, 2014
You mean like this? https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/pull/2051

Solar buggy is less likely to happen as it means changing the model.
Oh didn't notice that post, sorry about that.

About the solar buggy, I was just thinking like putting a solar panel on the back, where you could otherwise put the storage box, not necessarily changing the whole texture, but I understand, also nothing like this should really be a priority right now, I'm guessing. Thanks anyway!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
In that case, it's uncanny that 2 people posted exactly the same idea on the same day... morphic airwaves at work?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Regarding the buggy, it could be crafted with additional tanks instead of the chests in order to have a larger fuel capacity, and/or be refuelable through it's GUI. Also, if somebody were to actually change the model, how much more likely would it be to get implemented?

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Did you just made that model? Doesn't look half bad. But, it looks like one of these Techne models. The original buggy is an .obj, multiple .obj files, actually. At least the wheels are a separate mesh.

Hmm I think just adding a solar panel in Blender should be possible for me. I'll give it a try.

edit: the original buggy texture has a solar panel? where?

Riroo

Feb 7, 2016
Did you just made that model? Doesn't look half bad. But, it looks like one of these Techne models. The original buggy is an .obj, multiple .obj files, actually. At least the wheels are a separate mesh.

Hmm I think just adding a solar panel in Blender should be possible for me. I'll give it a try.

edit: the original buggy texture has a solar panel? where?
The picture your currently looking at is the original moon buggy its the little stick thing in the front.
Also i think this is a great idea this has always bugged me although you would need to have like a flag pole with a solar panel on top for the recipe. Maybe it could be another dungeon drop like you have the original and the solar powered one!

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Oh I see.

Well, I tried modding the mesh yesterday (and by tried I mean I had a quick look at it in Blender). I should definitely be able to do this, but my problem was that there is no place in the texture file for the solar panel

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
Ok, I did something:

leBuggy.png

You would need to bindTexture the buggy-solar.png, and then renderPart("SolarPanel") for this to appear.

Attachments

• SolarBuggy.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Vigilantecow

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Not sure about the solar buggy, but I definitely think it would be smart to add Phobos and Deimos to Mars' skybox.
Galacticraft should try to make the sky (for all bodies) as vibrant and interesting as realism permits. There's definitely certain edits that could be done to improve the skybox on ALL of the visitable worlds, but this would certainly be one of them.