Solar Flares and Aurora Borealis

PurGamingCEO

Mar 9, 2015
Some kind of animation in a taiga (arctic) biome would be awesome, and solar flares should be a menace on planets or moons with a thin atmosphere. Solar flares in real life could knock out the power grid of an entire continent, or in the case of many, maybe on a server, a space base. Things should be salvageable, and if that is implemented, 'emp resistant' blocks could work too. Anyways, the hundreds of thousands of lines of code would be worth the happiness, right? (Right?)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
This might happen one day, as it would also make me happy. Galacticraft is currently only around 125,000 lines of code, not a huge amount for such a complex mod, so hey, we can probably do 5000 more.

Mar 8, 2015
This idea is great PURgamingCEO and the solar flares will be like wavy like orange particle and also in addition to your idea a flare indicator it will indicate an incoming flare.

Mar 8, 2015
Hold on! Hold on! Why would you do this? :( BLACKOUTS are terrible (kidding its a cool idea but BLACKOUTS are still TERRIBLE!)
It's great besides galacticraft is all about the final frontier and exploring the unknown, and this mod must be a great challenge to future newbies.

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
This is the alt account for PurGaming CEO. I have possibly the worst memory you can possibly have without having short term memory loss. I forgot the eMail I used for the account so yeah ... this is my new account.

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
This might happen one day, as it would also make me happy. Galacticraft is currently only around 125,000 lines of code, not a huge amount for such a complex mod, so hey, we can probably do 5000 more.

I really overestimate how much code goes into some things. :/

This idea is great PURgamingCEO and the solar flares will be like wavy like orange particle and also in addition to your idea a flare indicator it will indicate an incoming flare.
I like that. An indicator could emit a redstone signal to be used to set off an alarm (personally I prefer the atomic science mod for that. Or is it the icbm mod?) Anyways, it would be helpful for a electronic force-field of sorts that activates when it gets a redstone signal to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
That moment when you go to check on a post you made long ago and nothings happened in forever.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
That moment when you go to check on a post you made long ago and nothings happened in forever.
Long ago = 14 days.

Yes, it happens: people stop posting on a thread when there's nothing new or worth posting. Please don't expect people will always feed your thread.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I meant thread not post. Chill.
The effect is the same if you expect replies to either your post or your thread. Please don't expect other people to keep your or other people's threads active since this forum is small with few activity and this is not MCForums with 4 million members. This is not the 1st time you comment about it.