[SOLVED] 1.7.2 Bed Render Glitch 3.01

Worlddefender

Aug 21, 2014
THIS BUG REPORT IS FOR THE BED RENDER GLITCH WHICH HAS BEEN FIXED BUT ALSO I MISTOOK ANOTHER COMPLETELY SEPARATE BUG TO BE GALACTICRAFT WHEN IT ISNT (the suffocation damage piece that is scratched out) HOWEVER A LINK TO THE PROPER AND CONFIRMED BUG REPORT FOR THE SUFFOCATION IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD WHERE I POSTED LAST

On my 1.7.2 forge server everything seems beautiful except for that fact that sleeping is impossible. There are a couple things that I noticed. First thing is in singleplayer, when the player sleeps they seem to become the bed, looking half at the surface world, and half into cave vision as they rest, however the player is unaffected, when i take the mod out, sleeping is normal. (image attached of this)

However in multiplayer, as the title suggests, they take one second suffocation damage (I assume its suffocation damage?) before being brutally kicked out of bed. If the player reattempts this enough times this is lethal and gives the death message "PLAYER fell out of the world." The second thing i noticed is the bed re-spawning appears to also be affected as more often than not, whenever you die you spawn light years away from home, which causes you to strangle things in frustration. This to my knowledge is the only conflict I've run into but its a pretty deceivingly big deal, because I dont know about you guys but I don't find walking 1500m to get back to my house where all my stuff is to be a good time, not to mention the fact that I have to find other things to do for 15 minutes until the sun rises every night. My server also slept fine without this installed.

I've looked around quite a bit I think and it doesn't seem like this is an issue that has been reported or have a fix for. I've tried every possible way to set up my beds, floating, against wall, centered, floating against wall, single and double beds, etc. This mod looks awesome and I'm very disappointed that I'm going to have to remove this so my server can sleep again, Looking forward to a reply! Also, apologies if this is misplaced or anything of that sort. I'm running Forge 10.12.2.1147 MC1.7.2 and a cauldron(MCPC+) server with same forge version, yes I have boatloads of other mods, but this one seems to be causing the bed issue I'm posting about, as when I remove it so too do I remove the issue. I will provide further details upon request.

Attachments

• 2014-08-21_02.52.29.png
    2014-08-21_02.52.29.png
    668.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Worlddefender

Aug 21, 2014
That was pretty darn fast and I have to say I'm impressed by that, I like devs and staff that respond to a report, but that was like at the crack of a gun. You guys have this down, and you are very appreciated by those of us that know the frustration of developers that dont seem to exist so thank you. You have my respect and if you need extra details just ask, I will continue to watch this thread. :)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The sleeping in bed causing cave vision issue has been fixed, keep an eye out for build 3.0.1.173 with that fix.

The suffocation damage we are still looking at, it may take a while as I actually don't have a Cauldron setup currently. Can you confirm that the suffocation damage happens every time a player sleeps in a bed? If not every time, what must I do to reproduce this? Also please check that the suffocation happens only when Galacticraft is installed in the /mods folder.

Worlddefender

Aug 21, 2014
Alright, upon further inspection I no longer believe your mod is the cause of the suffocation damage, I will change the title of the thread accordingly of course. I now believe it is a different mod or plugin on my server dealing damage, direct your resources to the next release. I will see if I can fix it within the next couple days and update you on what ACTUALLY is the source to confirm. Thanks for your help and i definitely will keep an eye out for that build :)

Worlddefender

Aug 21, 2014
I have confirmed it is not a mod or plugin conflict, but purely a cauldron issue! Your mod will be re-injected into my directories, all of my plugins work, I am a happy camper. Here is the deal, apparently (and I cannot believe i didn't see this reported anywhere which will be fixed shortly) on a cauldron server it is impossible to sleep in a bed higher than y=130, else you are kicked and yaddah yaddah (see strike-through from my previous post if you look at this in the future for more details) so this has nothing to do with this or any other mod I promise, also for future possible visitors still cauldron forge 10.12.2.1147 latest build as of the date of this post. As for radfast my apologies and my thanks extend as far as possible, I had half of the issue I thought I did, but you guys are awesome keep up the good work, I will definitely keep an eye out for that build. I am now off to see if i can post a bug report for cauldron, I will do an edit and link it in this post if I have any luck.

EDIT: here is the link to the bug report which has been confirmed by another user as a cauldron problem

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
hey, thanks for your words and that's ok: "not a Galacticraft issue" is my favourite thing to hear.

micdoodle8 has fixed the bed sleeping thing in latest builds, get the latest here: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/

bloodmc@Cauldron is very responsive to bug reports if he is able to reproduce the issue, so definitely go report it to Cauldron. Sounds like you have figured out the exact details that he will need to reproduce it.

Reactions: Worlddefender