radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Please give much more detail:
  • which Galacticraft build?
  • single player or on a server?
  • anything in logs?
  • which dimension
  • what is happening when the performance drops (eg. building, fighting, rocket launch, just walking around?)
  • show us an F3 screenshot when the problem is happening

Anything you can do yourself to fix this? For example:
  • change the view distance to something smaller
  • launch Minecraft with more memory for the JVM
  • add a performance mod, for example FoamFix

If it's only in Asteroids, this may be the same issue as reported here.

mesagsar

May 6, 2017
GalacticraftCore-1.11.2-4.0.0.107
Galacticraft-Planets-1.11.2-4.0.0.107
MicdoodleCore-1.11.2-4.0.0.107

Singleplayer

Nothing of note in logs

Earth, new world havent even started mining for ores yet

Mining any block, being near lava, moving too far from spawn

Minecraft 06.10.2017 - 12.26.06.01.png

It does get better when I lower the draw distance, but a system like mine really shouldn't need that.

Desktop 06.10.2017 - 12.36.58.02.png

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The F3 screen shows the problem here. You haven't given Minecraft enough memory for playing with mods, especially a large mod like Galacticraft. 1000MB is not enough on a 64-bit PC like yours!! You can see at top-right the Java is already at 99% of available memory even just standing still. That's not going to work. The lag is being caused by the Java "garbage collector" desperately running all the time, trying to free up slightly more memory.

To fix this, in the Minecraft launcher, change your JVM settings to give Minecraft more memory. -Xmx2G should be enough for Galacticraft. If you want to add more mods in future, you might want to push that up to a higher number. This is documented on our installation guide.

For an alternative solution you can also try downloading a mod named FoamFix, it works really well to reduce Minecraft's memory requirements.

mesagsar

May 6, 2017
SOLVED: Increasing memory allocation resolved problem.

Now I am trying to figure out how fluid pipes and tanks work. Lack of wiki pages is distressing.