[SOLVED] How would I use setblock command between dimensions

Apr 3, 2019
So I made a command block switch that spawns a redstone block at a specific set of coordinates when activated and changes the block to air when deactivated to control my redstone circuit.

What I am trying to do is the same thing, but from a different dimension, like the moon. Activating the command block circuit on the moon to change the redstone block or air block on the Overworld to control the same redstone circuit.

A little more?
I have a horizontal 3x3 door that opens up an under ground missile silo for my rocket for when I want to go into space. When the redstone block is put into place by the command block circuit the 3x3 door opens, and closes when the redstone block is replaced with the block of air.

I want to be able to do this same function but from a different dimension. But am unable to figure out the correct sequence of commands to do so.

Let me know if you require any more information.

basic snippet from my command blocks on Overworld:

/setblock -728 65 1461 minecraft:redstone_block
/setblock -728 65 1461 minecraft:air

I added some screen shots of the command block circuit in action while on the moon. to better identify what is happening I replaced the air block with obsidian.

2019-04-03_02.59.02.png 2019-04-03_02.59.13.png
And some screen shots on the Overworld of the missile silo open and closed

2019-04-03_02.53.48.png 2019-04-03_02.53.38.png

Apr 3, 2019
After some searching I ended up finding my solution.

What I did to control a circuit from a different dimension is in a command: /summon armor_stand ~ ~ ~ {Marker:1b,Tags:["DoorOpener"]} (making sure I stood where I wanted the Redstone Block to appear when entering the command).

Then in the command Blocks that I have connected to a lever to control the Circuit.
To power the Circuit:
/execute @e[tag=DoorOpener] ~ ~ ~ setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:redstone_block
and to remove power from the circuit:
/execute @e[tag=DoorOpener] ~ ~ ~ setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:air

Credits to Eredun who helped with my solution.