Something to be able to set the spawn point on space stations

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
It would be cool if GC had a way to set the point where players spawn in the space station dimension.

I've had a few space station builds where I later decided I would rather players spawn somewhere else than what's seems to be decided by that blue block. At first I thought just breaking and placing a new blue block from creative mode would work, but it doesn't seems to change anything.

My newest space station has players spawn in the vacuum of space because that just happens to be where zero, zero is. Because the space station dimension is kinda slow to load (doesn't help that my station is huge I guess), I tend to fall back to the over world over and over again until the the dimension loads fast enough to give me the split second I need to activate a jetpack (or creative flight).

It'd like something be done so I can build some sort of block that sets the spawn point where ever I want it to be. I think this could be a handy feature for a lot of people, and especially if/when my suggestion to allow space stations to be set as server spawns is implemented.

Server admin options to create public Space Stations

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Would be very nice to have. I've built a couple of large, relatively elaborate space stations and had to design them based on where the spawn point is. It would be much easier to just build and set the spawn. Especially if you want to change the station's design but can't due to the designated spawn area. Or at least not without making significant changes or rebuilding the entire area.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
At first I thought just breaking and placing a new blue block from creative mode would work, but it doesn't seems to change anything.

My newest space station has players spawn in the vacuum of space because that just happens to be where zero, zero is.
The SS spawn point is anchored at 0,64,0. Those blocks (the blue one and the invisibles ones) are just placeholders to avoid something from being built there.

A command that sets or moves the spawnpoint in a SS would be cool.