Sooo i found numerous fixes and reason to some bug reported

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Which API from the DragonAPI? As I really want to get Galacticraft working with monster.

As do I because now we have come across the exact same crash due to the ingot compressor. How were you able to exactly get it going again jocan2003? Our server won't even start now. -.-'

EDIT: the file located inside /mods/DragonAPI 1.6 v18b.zip Once this archive is opened, go under the folder micdoodle8/mods/Galacticraft/API/recipe and once under this folder inside the .zip file, locate and delete the "CompressorRecipes.class" file. Do this for both clients and server if multi-player.

KUDOS to you jocan2003 for finding this dreadful bug and a quick fix for it, doesn't matter where the answer is located so long as there IS an answer. Thank you again for the guided fix!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch
Feb 1, 2014
EDIT: the file located inside /mods/DragonAPI 1.6 v18b.zip Once this archive is opened, go under the folder micdoodle8/mods/Galacticraft/API/recipe and once under this folder inside the .zip file, locate and delete the "CompressorRecipes.class" file. Do this for both clients and server if multi-player.

THIS. THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. THIS FIXED MY COMPRESSOR PROBLEM! WOO! Thanks, Tyger!

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Isent it better to make mitch fix these bugs rather than deleting mods?

But very disheartning when a new update comes out that re-breaks your world after all the fixes and work arounds that were found and realizing that you may be stuck on the same version for a while unless the new bugged version can be fixed. @.@ it's really becoming a pain in the ass to have to keep regenning the worlds when it's one mod that corrupts and breaks other mods.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
But very disheartning when a new update comes out that re-breaks your world after all the fixes and work arounds that were found and realizing that you may be stuck on the same version for a while unless the new bugged version can be fixed. @.@ it's really becoming a pain in the ass to have to keep regenning the worlds when it's one mod that corrupts and breaks other mods.
Try using backups ;)

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Try using backups ;)

Backups of what? What good are backups when the world must be regenerated due to a faulty implimentation or a new update that requires the moon and thus eventually the whole of the map to be reset. Backups would have the same corruption from the first generation of the world. Please elaborate.

Reactions: SirKillz
Jan 8, 2014
Backups of what? What good are backups when the world must be regenerated due to a faulty implimentation or a new update that requires the moon and thus eventually the whole of the map to be reset. Backups would have the same corruption from the first generation of the world. Please elaborate.
Backups of worlds before an broken mod than remove the mod then use the backup! easy as cheese

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Backups of worlds before an broken mod than remove the mod then use the backup! easy as cheese

*sigh* It would be a long post to explain exactly how we have gotten to this point. Bottom line: it's not like we haven't had those available to us and it's not like I'm completely noobish at hosting servers (and thus inherently creating multiple backups out of paranoia) only to find tons of work and effort go into something that MUST be restarted.

Thanks for the advice, and I know you are really just trying to assist but we have finally come to a point to where we have a new generated world and we won't have to regen it again unless there was another inherent bug imbedded inside of the version of Galacticraft which we generated the world with this time around which is 2.0.11.978 since 2.0.12.1010 doesn't seem to like DragonAPI 1.6 V16 (which was told that updating to DragonAPI 1.6 V20 would fix the problem, but I am scared cuz v20 of Dragon crashed our server before in another attempt to get Galacticraft working previously).

I talk way too frickin' much.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
TheUnknownPlayer said:
Isn't it better to make mitch fix these bugs rather than deleting mods?
Both of the "bugs" discussed in this thread (thank you, Jocan) are issues in other mods, not in Galacticraft. More accurately, they are issues which ought to have been fixed by the modpack makers.

If DragonAPI includes an old version of Galacticraft API code, that is nothing micdoodle8 has control over. DragonAPI loads before Galacticraft loads because Forge takes them from the /mods folder in alphabetical order. If DragonAPI includes the wrong Galacticraft API code, then Forge will not re-load the correct Galacticraft API code when it reaches Galacticraft-1.6.4.jar (or whatever). Result: compressors break.

Complain fiercely, but don't do it here: go complain to DragonAPI, or to the people who make Forge - if Forge was smart, it would be able to recognise API code which belongs to another mod, and would load that mod's own proper version of the API code out of preference.

Also to keep this type of issue to a minimum, a properly made mod should only include classes from other mods' APIs which it is actually using - which is probably not too many. That is why, anyone with DragonAPI in their mods folder can in fact fix the issue by editing the DragonAPI.jar to remove the parts of the Galacticraft API which it never needed to have in there. I think when something like that is in a modpack, the modpack makers ought to do this.

The same for CofH config files which Jocan mentioned, setting up configs for proper inter-mod compatibility is a part of what modpack makers should do.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Both of the "bugs" discussed in this thread (thank you, Jocan) are issues in other mods, not in Galacticraft. More accurately, they are issues which ought to have been fixed by the modpack makers.

If DragonAPI includes an old version of Galacticraft API code, that is nothing micdoodle8 has control over. DragonAPI loads before Galacticraft loads because Forge takes them from the /mods folder in alphabetical order. If DragonAPI includes the wrong Galacticraft API code, then Forge will not re-load the correct Galacticraft API code when it reaches Galacticraft-1.6.4.jar (or whatever). Result: compressors break.

Complain fiercely, but don't do it here: go complain to DragonAPI, or to the people who make Forge - if Forge was smart, it would be able to recognise API code which belongs to another mod, and would load that mod's own proper version of the API code out of preference.

Also to keep this type of issue to a minimum, a properly made mod should only include classes from other mods' APIs which it is actually using - which is probably not too many. That is why, anyone with DragonAPI in their mods folder can in fact fix the issue by editing the DragonAPI.jar to remove the parts of the Galacticraft API which it never needed to have in there. I think when something like that is in a modpack, the modpack makers ought to do this.

The same for CofH config files which Jocan mentioned, setting up configs for proper inter-mod compatibility is a part of what modpack makers should do.
But here is where others can collaborate. We aren’t looking to complain to Micdoodle8, we are in fact looking to try to find quick and easy fixes in order to resume a game we all have come to know and love without having to "regenerate" our worlds due to mods not liking each other.

Your arguments here are all valid, but since forge, DragonAPI and other mods are a bit harder to get a hold of the authors it's just seems logical and easier to collaborate on one forum (since in my case I started with a few bug that came from Galacticraft and then resulted because of other mod issues) and go from there to talk with others to see about quick fixes for these issues so we can get back to mining.

Honestly, if it wasn't for helpful threads like this and a wonderful community to post their findings, I would have given up on Galacticraft being ignorant like I am and not have tried to figure out that it's other mods and not entirely Galacticraft's fault. So, if anything DON'T keep this type of issue to a minimum otherwise others won't be able to learn from our mistakes and won't be able to play just as we are able to do.

P.S. The purpose of us adding in Galacticraft is because by design FTB Monster modpack does not contain Galacticraft or configs for it. It would take the mod pack team WAAAAAY too long to fix and add in configs from EVERY mod just to ensure compatibility. So here we are.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014

So isent it better for the other mod authors to fix this?

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
So isent it better for the other mod authors to fix this?

How often can you get in touch with other mod authors besides Micdoddle8? If you can, please foward them the bug related issues we have had. Otherwise, good luck trying to get a hold of any of them. Posting bug reports on their site? They will (in some cases) yell at you for even suggesting their mod is flawed and insta-ban from their forum. That's worse case, usually the bug reports go unnoticed (but I can relate, they need real lives as well.)

I prefer to rely more heavily on work and learning from the community. It's faster, easier (usually), and you don't bug mod authors with constant barrages of "useless" bug reports. That's what awesome people like Ezer'Arch that come and find and sift through and report bug properly so idiots like me won't overload poor dudes like radfast that hate noobs just like me. (Don't blame ya, I know where you come from in a manner of speaking...)

TL;DR If you personally can get them to notice, then get them to fix it, cuz we can't and thus the purpose for this whole sha-bang!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
My bad, I didn't know FTB did not contain Galacticraft. So basically players who want to combine FTB and Galacticraft are going to have to "be your own modpack maker" here.

No noob hating on my part, just saying don't ask the impossible. The DragonAPI problem literally cannot be corrected by micdoodle8 or the Galacticraft team. Either DragonAPI must fix it and update, or modpack makers can do it (if DragonAPI and Galacticraft are in the same modpack) or it is something each player must do for himself with the help in this thread.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
My bad, I didn't know FTB did not contain Galacticraft. So basically players who want to combine FTB and Galacticraft are going to have to "be your own modpack maker" here.

Yeah that's the basic idea, but it's more of a "hack-and-slash" fixes just to get us up and going again.

No noob hating on my part, just saying don't ask the impossible. The DragonAPI problem literally cannot be corrected by micdoodle8 or the Galacticraft team. Either DragonAPI must fix it and update, or modpack makers can do it (if DragonAPI and Galacticraft are in the same modpack) or it is something each player must do for himself with the help in this thread.

Ok so noob hate seemed a bit overkill, but that's why we are asking the general public and not "reporting" anything as bugs unless we can confirm that it is a result of Galacticraft itself and not as a result of another mod, hence this thread and not a buncha "bad" bug reports in the "bug" thread. So yeah, basically the latter applies here just general help from others that can help track down why crashes occur.

Yes, I have griped before but that was because I was under the impression that it was Galacticraft still causing issues. Now that I see that it is because of other mods, and other awesome coders in the wild happen to track down these issues and help post a quick and dirty fix so we can avoid barking at you and Micdoodle8.

TL;DR So, if anything this thread helps to alleviate headache for you and others of the Galacticraft team when it comes to the FTB Monster mod pack. But thank you for making sure that there isn't a proper bug to be looked at, you are already a valued addition to the team just by trying to read and follow up on this thread. :) Thank you.