Sooo i found numerous fixes and reason to some bug reported

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
Well like the title says... i found numerous fixes to bug reported here and there but sadly i cannot post it in the correct location... Only other place that seem revelant would be to post here.

After hours and hours of debugging, isolating mods, reading documentation and emptying a few bags of cofee i found the reason of the most common CTD.

*Crash going on another planet*

Crash report with these line
java.lang.RuntimeException: Already decorating!!
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.moon.world.gen.GCMoonBiomeDecorator.decorate(GCMoonBiomeDecorator.java:46)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.moon.world.gen.GCMoonChunkProvider.decoratePlanet(GCMoonChunkProvider.java:340)
at micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.moon.world.gen.GCMoonChunkProvider.func_73153_a(GCMoonChunkProvider.java:362)

Most of the time by looking at their logs i realised they had COFH core installed, wich work with Thermal Expansion, while i did not understood fully why this was happening i managed to fix the crash by trial and error and didnt seem to affect anything revelant, i havent done extensive search and testing but it can be used.

Fix: Go in config/COFH/customworldgen.txt and remove everything after the commented out line. After edition the contentshould look like this.

*MIGHT REQUIRE A NEW WORLD!!!!*

#This file allows for the addition of custom generation TEMPLATES to World.cfg.
#Generation parameters are changed inside World.cfg.
#These values are only used as defaults and in the template comments.
#
#Format (TAB DELIMITED): GenType Name BlockID BlockMeta ClusterSize NumClusters minY maxY regen
#GenType is either UNIFORM or NORMAL. If NORMAL, minY is the average height and maxY is the maximum variance.
#
#Creates a template with default values of 4 clusters of 4 ores (1000:0) randomly between y = 32 and y = 64. Retrogen Enabled:
#UNIFORM testUniform 1000 0 4 4 32 64 true
#
#Creates a template with default values of 6 clusters of 16 ores (1000:1) in a 32-height Normal Distribution centered at y = 32. RetroGen Disabled:
#NORMAL testNormal 1000 1 16 6 32 16 false
#

Crash when trying to open compressor or electric compressor.

Crash report with this line
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.api.recipe.CompressorRecipes.findMatchingRecipe(Lnet/minecraft/inventory/IInventory;Lnet/minecraft/world/World;)Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;

This i found out why and i find that reason really stupid, while i do not have extensive knowledge about minecraft modding and intermod dependencies.... i found out that most if not all those reporting this bug had something in common, DRAGONAPI, wich is commonly used in some Feed-The-Beast packs such as monster and some other.

DragonAPI hasnt been updated for a while and their file force the game to use an outdated API, so what i did was simply go in mod/dragonAPI-somenumber-.zip and removed the outdated API from his file and i could access the compressor.

Once again i havent done proper extensive testing so i dont know if it will damage anything in the long run.

*MIGHT REQUIRE A NEW WORLD!!!!*

PLEASE!!!! if you modify ANY FILE AT ALL, always make a backup copy just in case something get screwed up. Thank you and if possible forward this message to those who will need it the most.

P.S.: If you feel generous i can always accept cookies because frack who dont like cookies?

Last edited:

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
Like i said, i didnt have suffiecient right to send the message there, hence why i asked it to be moved, fowarded...

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
Alright... i spend numerous hours to find the god damn problem that nobody had found and share the solution in weeks, and the only thing i keep hearing is this belong to support/bug and so on? I fragging KNOW WHERE it belongs, i CANT POST there since i JUST MADE my account. Any other enlighting stupid comment coming this way? I took time to write all this post just to share the solution with those who might encounter these problems, not to receive pointless and useless reply such as yours.

Edit: Did you even tried to read what i wrote? I said now 4 time that i cannot post there.

Reactions: SirKillz
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Alright... i spend numerous hours to find the god damn problem that nobody had found and share the solution in weeks, and the only thing i keep hearing is this belong to support/bug and so on? I fragging KNOW WHERE it belongs, i CANT POST there since i JUST MADE my account. Any other enlighting stupid comment coming this way? I took time to write all this post just to share the solution with those who might encounter these problems, not to receive pointless and useless reply such as yours.

Edit: Did you even tried to read what i wrote? I said now 4 time that i cannot post there.
Nobody is going to help you if you dont post it there nuff said

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
Thank you,

Now for this guy

Nobody is going to help you if you dont post it there nuff said
Wow.. you clearly didnt even took time to read my post did you? I found HOW to FIX the problems, bug, crashes and so on, im not asking help or reporting bugs, they were BOTH ALREADY posted, reported... I posted the FIX to these bugs.

And again, I DONT HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVILEDGE to post there as the board clearly tells me. So now, stop acting like idiot, take time to read as i DONT NEED HELP, im TRYING TO HELP those who had these crashes/bug....

Edit: Mix up in the quotes sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Thank you...

Don't worry dude. In case you haven't already noticed, there are a few people who like to respond just for the sake of responding and getting their post count up whether or not their contributions carry any worth at all. I didn't bother responding initially because I haven't encountered these issues myself. However, just know that it is appreciated that you took the time to track down and report/solve these issues...even if they are in the "wrong" forum. I personally think this is a suitable forum since you aren't reporting a bug, but rather sharing a solution. Not to mention the question, "How exactly are you supposed to post it in a bug report if you don't have the permission?" as you said.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Thank you,

Now for this guy

Wow.. you clearly didnt even took time to read my post did you? I found HOW to FIX the problems, bug, crashes and so on, im not asking help or reporting bugs, they were BOTH ALREADY posted, reported... I posted the FIX to these bugs.

And again, I DONT HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVILEDGE to post there as the board clearly tells me. So now, stop acting like idiot, take time to read as i DONT NEED HELP, im TRYING TO HELP those who had these crashes/bug....

Edit: Mix up in the quotes sorry.
Hey man nice work! The moderators of this forum, and the mod creator i'm sure appreciate this work as it helps them out. Welcome to the forums and like the person above me said don't get discouraged by the few people that randomly like to post things on the forum for "Internet Popularity". I think it's awesome that you took the time to do this.

Thanks!

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
Great for a minute i tought i barked at the wrong tree for real...., Also please forgive my numerous grammar issues, im french and english isn't my first language. These issue were mostly relate to running them with FTB Monster modpack and a few other FTB pack where DragonAPI and thermal expansion was related. FTB team instead of simply seek out the problem simply ripped the conflicting mod out instead of fixing it or simply didnt update them.

Im a big fan of the monster pack on FTB and my friend HAD to have galacticraft so i was in a dilema, play with my friend on the GC pack with barely any other mod im so used to, or try to figure out the problem, and with my experience as devloper/debugger well, that kinda came naturaly even tho my heart is still amped up by all the cafeine haha.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Don't worry dude. In case you haven't already noticed, there are a few people who like to respond just for the sake of responding and getting their post count up whether or not their contributions carry any worth at all. I didn't bother responding initially because I haven't encountered these issues myself. However, just know that it is appreciated that you took the time to track down and report/solve these issues...even if they are in the "wrong" forum. I personally think this is a suitable forum since you aren't reporting a bug, but rather sharing a solution. Not to mention the question, "How exactly are you supposed to post it in a bug report if you don't have the permission?" as you said.
I think he just doesent know how to post it also erong thread=no support i would problaby lock it.

jocan2003

Mar 14, 2014
I dont need support Unknown, where did you read that? And if i managed to debug and fix 2 of the major compatibility issues with other major mod, i think i can figure out how and where to post threads. My first try was on the proper bug report thread related to each specific bug but when i tried to post, on the upper right it was clearly written "Insufficient priviledge to post here". So Unknown, next time before assuming anything and making wrong judgement, make sure you know wtf you are doing. Also your attitude and lack of clear thinking is a major issue, you should really think about the impacts of your posts.

Mar 18, 2014
Crash when trying to open compressor or electric compressor.

Crash report with this line

This i found out why and i find that reason really stupid, while i do not have extensive knowledge about minecraft modding and intermod dependencies.... i found out that most if not all those reporting this bug had something in common, DRAGONAPI, wich is commonly used in some Feed-The-Beast packs such as monster and some other.

DragonAPI hasnt been updated for a while and their file force the game to use an outdated API, so what i did was simply go in mod/dragonAPI-somenumber-.zip and removed the outdated API from his file and i could access the compressor.

Which API from the DragonAPI? As I really want to get Galacticraft working with monster.