Space Station escape capsules/drop pods

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dex Luther, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Zachecho

Zachecho Member

Support ^^

2. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

3. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Solved. I merged both topics and removed about 22 posts for derail/off-topic. Feel free to edit your posts, Dex.

Just don't need to bump your topics every 48 hours. ;)

(this one just above is legit)

#43 Ezer'Arch, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  4. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

Thanks. I edited and deleted a few of my own posts.

5. TheGalacticCrafter

• Please don't bump dead threads if you don't have significant content to say, this is not the only one. Also, you don't need to quote a huge post just to comment 1 line.
    FANTASTIC IDEA!

#45 TheGalacticCrafter, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  6. player

player Member

you know, IT IS A GOOD IDEA

7. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

Awesome that this thread keeps getting bumped. I wonder if it's going to get implemented in one form or another.

*fingers crossed*

8. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

This is awsome and could come in handy 76% of the time and it doesn't just need to be
    a convenient transport it could also be used to escape your station, ship, earth base etc. If your under attack. For the earth base it will launch you vertically into the air

By the way you could probably add a piston and anvil to give you a floor atleast.

#48 GamerARK13, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
  9. PurGamingCEO

PurGamingCEO Member

I shall wait patiently for that 'what do you think of this post' thing to pop up. Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

10. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

I always liked the ICBM mod, and thought it would be cool if that mod had a type of missile that could fit the player inside, but the rest would act like the normal missiles did. Depending on which launch pad you used would decide how accurate your targeting was. Of course it would have been extra cool if it had versions of the pod/missile like I mentioned above (with cargo, etc). Alas it never happened, and the author of ICBM decided to drop the project (I think he moved on from Minecraft modding).

If this ever gets added to GC (I'm still hoping), the code from ICBM, which Cal made open source last I heard, could be used for the over world portion of the addition. The droppod/capsules shouldn't reach space of course since that would invalidate the need for rockets.

It would be a neat way to get around the overworld or send supplies to your friend when they ask for things they've run out of. Just load a capsule and drop it onto their base from space or launch it across the overworld. I know I know there's already the launch controllers that let you do that with rockets, but I don't like using those in multiplayer. Especially on larger servers. Since they rely on a numbering system, it's just too easy for people to mess up your setup (either by accident or on purpose) by numbering their controller the same as yours, or filling your storage with random crap by setting their destination to your pad.

11. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

Haven't played Minecraft in a long wile, but was messing around in it the other day when I thought about this idea again. I figure I'd bump it again :p

12. Brisingr Aerowing

I quite like this idea. Would be cool for an adventure map as well. Spawn on a space station and have to escape it to the planet below.

13. Louby65

Louby65 Member

These sound awesome! Maybe add a chance to shatter on impact or drop on impact- if they drop, they can be used to return to the space station and if they shatter they drop some steel or something.

14. momoking8289

momoking8289 Member

Ya, if the pods could be placed by dispensers, then you could send the items through a magnetic crafting tabe and brop them on to the launchers